Looking for shore diving in South FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vr2o

Registered
Reaction score
I'm around the Miami Beach area. I'm just certified OW and I'm looking for shore dives to keep practicing, improving and enjoying.

Unfortunately both Blue Heron Bridge & Lauderdale-by-the-Sea are far from us. Interested if others have closer favs.

Yes, are far, but doable. Also very interested if there are any others closer.

But I'm still interested in diving BHB & Lauderdale-by-the-sea. I would be able to join if anyone is interested.

You have great diving down there, including Hollywood. I'm too far north to make it down that way regularly, my driving limit mostly being BHB/Riviera Beach. I'm in Stuart, so getting further south takes me over an hour without traffic. If you're willing to come to the bridge on a morning weekend, you're welcome to join me.

You have great diving down there, including Hollywood. I'm too far north to make it down that way regularly, my driving limit mostly being BHB/Riviera Beach. I'm in Stuart, so getting further south takes me over an hour without traffic. If you're willing to come to the bridge on a morning weekend, you're welcome to join me.
Yes, let's do it. I haven't been at the Bridge and I need to rent a couple of things (I guess the day before). Do you rent some of your equipment? Where, when?

Where in Hollywood? Would love to add a closer shore site to my repertoire.

Yes, let's do it. I haven't been at the Bridge and I need to rent a couple of things (I guess the day before). Do you rent some of your equipment? Where, when?
I own everything I need. This was a good weekend for morning diving BHB, 11am-12pm between both days. Next weekend is too late for me, 5-6pm. Sept 2nd or 3rd work for me, 10:45am and 11:39am respectively. I recommend arriving no later than 8am.

I get the impression you are a newer diver. If so, and if you're renting a tank, try to get a 100 so that you have more air. I must warn you, I go pretty slow. I'm looking for macro critters, so if this interests you, I can share some of my findings. If not, you might get bored fast.

Look for South Florida dive group. They will have dives you want to participate in. A Facebook group It's dive 0'clock somewhere in Central Florida just dove BHB this weekend. One of our members lives in Ft Pierce and dives BHB when the tides are right and organized the dive. You can monitor our events for dives in your area and participate if you want. But there should be South Florida groups on meetup, Facebook or dive clubs in your area.

I own everything I need. This was a good weekend for morning diving BHB, 11am-12pm between both days. Next weekend is too late for me, 5-6pm. Sept 2nd or 3rd work for me, 10:45am and 11:39am respectively. I recommend arriving no later than 8am.

I get the impression you are a newer diver. If so, and if you're renting a tank, try to get a 100 so that you have more air. I must warn you, I go pretty slow. I'm looking for macro critters, so if this interests you, I can share some of my findings. If not, you might get bored fast.
Slow also requires very good buoyancy skills. I've always said the best way to improve buoyancy is to do beach dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom