Looking for shore diving in South FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I own everything I need. This was a good weekend for morning diving BHB, 11am-12pm between both days. Next weekend is too late for me, 5-6pm. Sept 2nd or 3rd work for me, 10:45am and 11:39am respectively. I recommend arriving no later than 8am.

I get the impression you are a newer diver. If so, and if you're renting a tank, try to get a 100 so that you have more air. I must warn you, I go pretty slow. I'm looking for macro critters, so if this interests you, I can share some of my findings. If not, you might get bored fast.
Which camera do you use? I am fairly new, your right. But I love photography, so it would be interesting.

As Scuba_Jenny mentioned, I would need to keep improving my buoyancy as well.

I own everything I need. This was a good weekend for morning diving BHB, 11am-12pm between both days. Next weekend is too late for me, 5-6pm. Sept 2nd or 3rd work for me, 10:45am and 11:39am respectively. I recommend arriving no later than 8am.

I get the impression you are a newer diver. If so, and if you're renting a tank, try to get a 100 so that you have more air. I must warn you, I go pretty slow. I'm looking for macro critters, so if this interests you, I can share some of my findings. If not, you might get bored fast.
Suggestions to rent the 100 tank?

Slow also requires very good buoyancy skills. I've always said the best way to improve buoyancy is to do beach dives.
I thought you always said the best way to dive was to do beach dives :).

Which camera do you use? I am fairly new, your right. But I love photography, so it would be interesting.

I have a Nikon D850 with 105mm lens and +10 wet diopter in a Sea & Sea MDX-850 housing. I have various strobes I can use. My favorite macro strobes are the Backscatter MF2. I recently purchased a used pair of Inon Z330's. And I have a pair of Sea and Sea YS-01 Solis strobes, which are for sale, because I don't need them anymore.

And yes, practicing your buoyancy is extremely important. Please don't silt me out while I'm taking pics :). @Scuba_Jenny is still training me on how to be a full-fledged beach diver, she tells me every dive that she'll make a beach diver out of me eventually. I have a feeling that day will never come. :)

I have a Nikon D850 with 105mm lens and +10 wet diopter in a Sea & Sea MDX-850 housing. I have various strobes I can use. My favorite macro strobes are the Backscatter MF2. I recently purchased a used pair of Inon Z330's. And I have a pair of Sea and Sea YS-01 Solis strobes, which are for sale, because I don't need them anymore.
Nice, I used to have Nikons. It's probably too early for me to buy photography equipment but I would love it.

I mean, diving without a camera is kind of frustrating for me, as I'm always looking at photo opportunities, always framing in my mind. But little by little...

I would love to join (and learn from) any of you in one of these beach dives on a weekend morning: BHB, Yellow Brick Road, etc... as long as I'm not too newby for your dives, I wouldn't want to bother.

Hope you all have a nice week

Nice, I used to have Nikons. It's probably too early for me to buy photography equipment but I would love it.

I mean, diving without a camera is kind of frustrating for me, as I'm always looking at photo opportunities, always framing in my mind. But little by little...

I would love to join (and learn from) any of you in one of these beach dives on a weekend morning: BHB, Yellow Brick Road, etc... as long as I'm not too newby for your dives, I wouldn't want to bother.

Hope you all have a nice week
I would never tell anyone they are too newbie. We were all newbies at one point, and we all had someone who was willing to dive with us. To @Scuba_Jenny's point, your goal should be your trim, buoyancy, and not silting. I'm always willing and enjoy meeting new dive friends. Please read through the Blue Heron Bridge Trolls thread to see some examples of my pics. Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Do you want to lock in a meet up on Sunday, September 3rd at BHB?

I might have another buddy come up from Miami too, someone I met in a business meeting last week.

You'll probably want to pick a tank up the day prior, so finding a dive shop closer to you would be the most convenient. Maybe call Force-E?

I would never tell anyone they are too newbie. We were all newbies at one point, and we all had someone who was willing to dive with us. To @Scuba_Jenny's point, your goal should be your trim, buoyancy, and not silting. I'm always willing and enjoy meeting new dive friends. Please read through the Blue Heron Bridge Trolls thread to see some examples of my pics. Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Do you want to lock in a meet up on Sunday, September 3rd at BHB?

I might have another buddy come up from Miami too, someone I met in a business meeting last week.
Thanks, I'll be happy to join. I'm familiar with Force-E.

September 3rd is Labor Day weekend though, might not be free for a diving morning that weekend. I'll confirm soon if I would be able to make it.

I love diving with @MrChen , and think highly of him (you owe me buddy :) ). That said, I will disagree with renting 100s for now. Figure out what you will be diving with regularly and dive that. If you plan on buying 100s, then renting them is fine.

I thought you always said the best way to dive was to do beach dives :).
Yes, which will make you a better diver because you've learned how to be neurtrally buoyant and make minor changes according to conditions and not be subjected to a 5 ft variance of depth.
Yes, beach diving is be$t. :)
And yes, practicing your buoyancy is extremely important. Please don't silt me out while I'm taking pics :). @Scuba_Jenny is still training me on how to be a full-fledged beach diver, she tells me every dive that she'll make a beach diver out of me eventually. I have a feeling that day will never come. :)
You're getting it.. might have to do a few more dives with me though.. yanno, just so we can critique each other and learn best practices. And :cheers:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom