Camp Dive Weekend of Fun April 29,30 and May 1 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is Skip sharing about setting up his campsite Friday morning. A 1/2 dozen folks had arrived and it was good to see everyone and chat a while. I had to get back to work so I have not been in the water but with the wind blowing it was not HOT like I expected it was comfortable in the shade.

If YOU are still at your computer this lets you know where we are in the campground and Hopefully see you after work down there.

GO DIVIN"

I had to run back home to pick up more stuff but I setup our tent and dropped off some of the cooking goods.. BOY is Windy Point living up to its name! It's gusting pretty hard..

See everyone soon!

Just getting home and it was great to see everyone again and meet the new people. It was almost too windy to grill this evening. The arracherra seemed to be well liked and we had plenty of it. Many thanks to all that helped with the dinner this evening especially Austinspace and his wife Sharon and Cavemn. All three worked from start to finish to get everyone fed.

Here's a few photos from last night. Fajitas were good -- compliments to the chef!!

Attachments

• Windy_Point_0001.jpg
    Windy_Point_0001.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 80
  • Windy_Point_0004.jpg
    Windy_Point_0004.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 74
  • Windy_Point_0006.jpg
    Windy_Point_0006.jpg
    401.4 KB · Views: 73
Just got back from Windy Point. Couldn't stay through Sunday...wife's school work. We thoroughly enjoyed our first experience with the TSD's. Great food, great folks, and great wind! The diving was fun but still a bit chilly below 50-60ft. Found the motorcycle, boat, and jetski...in 3-4 ft of vis. Looking forward to diving with you folks often. We're always up for a weekend experience anywhere. We may join Jenn on her July trip to the Texas Clipper...if there's room. Might have picked up a new student or two also. Thanks everyone for the invite and we look forward to many more.

Darrell and Nancy

Just getting home and it was great to see everyone again and meet the new people. It was almost too windy to grill this evening. The arracherra seemed to be well liked and we had plenty of it. Many thanks to all that helped with the dinner this evening especially Austinspace and his wife Sharon and Cavemn. All three worked from start to finish to get everyone fed.

Thanks again Jeff you did an incredible job on that food. It was spectacular tasting.

Survived my northern migration back to Temple. As always, the Swamper weekend was awesome. Saw a lot of folks I hadn't seen since last year and met some brand new swampers. For those of you who couldn't make it, you missed quite a jam session last night around the campfire (well, around the Coleman lantern anyway). We had a banjo, guitars, mandoline, drum, and a cello. Look out Austin City Limits. Major kudos to everyone who worked to pull the swamper weekend off.
P.S. Anyone interested in diving Stillhouse, give me a hollar. It's sort of become my stompin ground and I'd be more than happy to show you around.

Sorry I couldn't make it out. sounds like yall had a blast! Oldschool: what are the temps like in stillhouse this time of year?

Stillhouse is much shallower than Travis (max 102-103). I dive at the park where the max depth is 63 ft. I haven't dived there since January but I suspect temps now are upper 50's at 63 ft. If it is anything like last year this time, 5 mil is comfortable.

Sorry I couldn't make it out. sounds like yall had a blast! Oldschool: what are the temps like in stillhouse this time of year?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom