Camp Dive Weekend of Fun April 29,30 and May 1 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've just aquired a roll of police crime scene tape. :D I plan on being at the campsite around 0900 to 0930. I'll have an area taped off for everyone.

Yep. Well let the divers prepare for cold water and cold weather.

I can probably promise WIND. Does that help. :rofl3:

Work has gotten in the way of me arriving Friday morning at 10 AM. I have people flying in for a meeting at 10 AM now. Would everyone showing up please get the center area with picnic tables and trees to run lines to hang wet suits on and Jennifer should be by the park around Noon to hang up the TSD banner for everyone to see where we are located for the weekend.

I will try to be there as soon as I can, maybe even stop by Real early (7AM) to pitch my tent, but I have to be at a meeting downtown at 10 AM now until 2 PM. So much for a day off. I will get back out there in the afternoon for Jeff's grillin and swamper cookin.

More on camping conditions April 2011 for the kick off to the DIVE season and the SUMMER of 2011

I should be there Friday morning (9-10a) setting up camp as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

is there any cost for this? Anyone allowed to come dive?

I'm going to do my best to make it out around 10ish as well to setup the tent, EZ-Up, etc..

Shawn, that stinks about your day off.. We'll do as much preppin as possible until you make it back out there....

Paul, sad you can't make it until Sunday.. We've got a lot of catching up to do!

I'm going to do my best to make it out around 10ish as well to setup the tent, EZ-Up, etc..

Shawn, that stinks about your day off.. We'll do as much preppin as possible until you make it back out there....

Paul, sad you can't make it until Sunday.. We've got a lot of catching up to do!

I am going to do better than just make it Sunday with the latest changes to my schedule. I don't want to miss all the fun and Jeff's cooking event tomorrow night, and a lot of folks out of town will be arriving Saturday. :D

I need to get up at 2 AM tomorrow to get in for wall to wall Royal Wedding news coverage. If all is going well at 6 AM ish, I am going to sneak out to the Lake get my stuff set up, get back downtown for a 10 AM meeting that may last 5 or so hours then get back to Windy Point Park, hopefully take a NAP :D and wake up to help fix the food Friday. Somewhere in there I want to get a dive in.

Saturday - unknown schedule until after my meeting tomorrow

I am glad to have a job with a good company and have great dive buddies and friends in Texas and beyond. So I am so blessed looking forward to catching up with everyone this weekend.

I hope all is going well with you.

Thanks for getting out at 10 AM to grab that central location in the park for all of us.

I have about 40 plus divers and friends arriving this weekend on the list and can't wait to see everyone.

The weather looks great and the sun is shining and we have WATER :D

See you tomorrow.

is there any cost for this? Anyone allowed to come dive?

YES everyone is welcome to join Texas Swamp Divers get together. We are an informal scubaboard group of people who just get together to have FUN and dive.

Yes the prices for camping and day use are located at this website for Windy Point Park - tell them you are a swamp diver and maybe you can rangle a little more discount with Richard on site he does give discounts for multiple days or a weekend rate

Windy Point Park

Introduce yourself and join us this weekend. folks are arriving at 10 AM tomorrow morning.
Sneaky cause that can be the virgin diving for the weekend before students stir it up as the weekend goes along.
I always like to get a first dive or so in on Fridays and night diving is awesome also.

Remember safety first, there is always another day to dive.

I should be there about 11am on Saturday... driving in from Dallas that morning... save me a spot! The wife is coming too... We are planning 2-3 dives Sat and one Sunday morning before heading back... Look for the White F150 with the giant NY magnet on the tail gate, just above the military plates. :)
See ya there!

Lee

My wife and I (Nancy and Darrell) should be arriving about 3-4 Friday afternoon. It's our first outing with TSD and we're looking forward to making friends and getting new dive buddies. Can someone block a spot for us? See you soon!!

Darrell

My daughter, one of her friends and I hope to be arriving around 7:00 Friday night (if all goes well). If it goes as usual it will be around 9:00. Spent the last few nights getting my pop up checked out. I just got a portable dish so we may be able to watch the game if I can figure out how to set it up. I hope we get there early enough because my daughter is making a boatload of guac. and I'll be making some queso to go w/ dinner.

D-Day! (DIVE, DIVE, DIVE)

I'm heading out in a few minutes to setup then running to the grocery store. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

I doubt people will be wearing name tags so in case anyone cares... I'll have the red Chevy Z71... Blue EZ-Up knock-off 10x10..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom