Calling All Mac Users!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do it easy:
I have a mac mini (OS X) and an 10 year old mac clone (OS 9!).
:11: My grandparents are the only ones I know on OS 9 still! Just kidding, but I'm sure its dedicated to something slow :wink:

I agree with you. I had contacted Suunto a while back, but they just sent back one of those form letters ("... are aware... will continue to monitor demand... limited resources... blah, blah, blah...").
At this point in time, no one is really expecting Suunto to write the software for Mac or Linux, but they should publish the transmission protocol, so that programmers like Marc don't have to painstakingly reverse engineer it. They'll do it, but it makes their job harder, causes a lot of resentment towards Suunto... and a lot of angry people in the end.
I'm eternally greatful to Marc for having written Divelog. I have been testing and then using it since the first beta. I love being able to use it with my Powerbook.Thanks again, Marc!
Anyway, Suunto (along with all the Oceanic's, Mares's etc.) should either write Mac/Linux (or cross-platform) software OR publish the necessary information so that independent programmers can write the software. Those company's lawyers can add in some sort of disclaimer if that makes them feel better.

I would love to hear what Suunto has to say about this two years after I contacted them on this issue. How are you going to present all these postings to them?

Cheers,

Andre

I own two Macs and two Aeris dive computers. A Macintosh interface would be much appreciated. In the meantime, I use my office laptop for downloading and storing my electronic dive logs.

i have:
1 powermac g5
1 powerbook G4
1 iBook G3
1 iBook G4
1 mini

0 PC's

I use an Aeris Atmos 2, and would love mac support.

akuehnemund:
I had contacted Suunto a while back, but they just sent back one of those form letters ("... are aware... will continue to monitor demand... limited resources... blah, blah, blah...").

Do you have the persons info to whom replied to your inquiry?

CineDiver:
:11: My grandparents are the only ones I know on OS 9 still! Just kidding, but I'm sure its dedicated to something slow :wink:

Actually, I use the clone as a stand for the mini! I was thinking about turning it into a dedicated fish tank controller to turn the light/filters/heaters on and off. Maybe I'll hook up a web cam too! My fish can be mac users too!

I've got many Macs.

I offered to write the program for Oceanic *for free* if they would provide the transmission protocols. It declined. It said it was worried that such a program might damage the dive computer and put the diver at risk. I bought something called a Sensus Pro from Reef Net. It tracks the drive profile and downloads it to the Mac. I'm very happy with it.

I currently use a PowerMac G5 for video production and I'm switching to a PowerBook next year from my PC laptop - mac compatible interfaces would be great.

I've got a lovely dive log that runs under Filemaker. It runs on OSX just fine. If anyone wants a copy, just explain how to upload it and I will. Or PM me with a real e-mail address and I'll e-mail it. BTW: It computes SAC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom