California Diving Company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I might have to get the 50 for longer hauls! I just don't want to try lifting a full 50 gallon one stair to stair on say the great escape or the peace boat!

When I dive on the boats many times I just take the Akona bag if I don't know the operator. For the Great Escape (just take the tank off and BC out before hauling it up the stairs) , I can go either way but usually just take the bag. On smaller boats like to Lois Ann or Sea Bass, I just bring a mesh bag and a dry sack and leave everything else in the truck.

I've posted this before but here it is again.
I use the larger Stanley and my wife uses the smaller one. I can carry all the extra stuff like towels, mats and extra clothes. It works out fine and BTW, I can bring them both on the King Neptune.

DSC00003_Small_.JPG

I knew someone on the west coast had the above pics of their setup... I just couldn't remember who.

the "bigger" Stanley you use, is it the 50 gallon?

and both are combined are still cheaper than the dive box! Although the dive box has a drain (which you can install) and places for bungee.

I do only pack my essentials as far as dive gear goes when I go to catalina. I mean with scuba luv right there as well as catalina diver supplies truck/kiosk thingie I don't have to worry too much about not having the right tools. HOWEVER, I go to catalina to dive AND party/drink!! So I do need less grimy clothes and shoes afterwards. With a size 11Ž½-12 foot... an extra pair of shoes takes up a LOT of room.

In considering essentials, I would lose stuff like the extra pair of shoes...
Hey, but to each their own. I've just learned to pack light whether traveling on business or on a dive boat.

I saw this at the scuba show. You might be a candidate for it:
http://www.smartgearusa.com/outdoor-adventure-cart.html

Drill a hole in that bad-boy, whalla! Drain! I'm thinking of picking one of these up real soon. Home Depot as the 50 for like 70 bucks. Seems a bit high. I'll check Lowes.

Drill a hole in that bad-boy, whalla! Drain! I'm thinking of picking one of these up real soon. Home Depot as the 50 for like 70 bucks. Seems a bit high. I'll check Lowes.

Lowes and that the Happy Home Depot put these on sale for 59.00 every once and a while. I bought a spare :wink:

Hey, but to each their own. I've just learned to pack light whether traveling on business or on a dive boat.

scuba diving dive cart

I meant essentials for dive gear.

Oh yeah, I saw this at the scuba show...

I'm not sure how balanced it'd be though.

scuba diving dive cart

I also saw that at the Scuba Show and was very impressed by the quality of this cart but taken aback a little at the price. Plus the fact that you still need a dive bag.

At least with the Stanly box I can sit on it to gear up, lock it up while diving and use it as a tub to wash my gear after the dive.

I also saw that at the Scuba Show and was very impressed by the quality of this cart but taken aback a little at the price. Plus the fact that you still need a dive bag.

At least with the Stanly box I can sit on it to gear up, lock it up while diving and use it as a tub to wash my gear after the dive.

Dave, I had the same thoughts, pretty nifty but pretty pricey. Your stanley box is more versatile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom