California Diving Company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sign up for one of their tropical trips and you can spend a whole week with her :D

The brother don't do dive vacations. Plenty of great diving in California, there's no need to go half way across the world to swim in a different part of the ocean. But thanks for the heads-up though. If she were to want to go to, say, Florence or Sevilla, then I might be interested.:D

I'm going to agree with Billy on this, I see FAR more steel tanks on divers that dive frequently here. On every boat I get on, I'm going to see more steel than aluminum, classes withstanding. But that's just what I see. Even amongst the crabs here, every time we get together, there are more steel than AL tanks around.

Dude fnfalman, I'm going to have to warn her about you...

I'm sure the local authorities are already aware.

I've got the feeling that B.L. Justice is mostly around classes and the few that had steel tanks in his previous declared experience were the few experienced divers in the group. But that's obviously only speculation. and logic.

Billy

Without manufacturer's data as to sales, it is doubtful that any of us know what the most common tank size really is. We just know what we see from a fairly small sample.

I don’t own the dive box, but I know several people who do and who use steel tanks. (I also don’t have a Stanley). HP 80s and HP 100s are 7.25 inches in diameter which is the same as an AL 80 and neither tank is longer than an AL 80 so I don’t see what the issue is. Yes a LP-95 and a HP 119 or HP 130 is 8 inches in diameter, but there is no reason to assume that those tanks account for the majority of non-rental tanks. Worthington’s 120 is also 7.25 inches.

I know several divers with thousands of dives who beach dive AL 80s. Most of the rest of the divers I know (with between 300 and 3,000 dives) use either an HP 80 or HP 100. I personally don’t know anyone who dives with a 119 or 130 although I do see a few people doing it. The experienced divers I know might use an LP 95 or an HP 120 on boat dives to places like Farnsworth, but otherwise use an AL 80, HP 80 or HP 100 on the standard Catalina boat dive. All of these tanks have the same diameter.

Save your breath. She already knows about me. Unlike others, I make my intentions known to the females and they have the choice of either taking me up on the offer or turning me down. Alas, she didn't take me up on the offer.

Well, it'll be an interesting thing to laugh about then! ha ha ha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom