Bypass a Back Inflate and go to BPW instead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not crazy about the i300c's algoritm. The Peregrine is a solid computer. Shearwater will never let you down.
Actually, they have let down many Teric owners with battery drain issues - and many folks have had this issue more than once.

While they’ve fixed issue promptly (even when technically out of warranty) and are great to work with on resolving, the Teric has not been a flawless product launch for SW.

I’m hoping that after an almost complete rebuild in 2019 and a second battery replacement 2 months ago that mine will not have further issues.

Actually, they have let down many Teric owners with battery drain issues - and many folks have had this issue more than once.

While they’ve fixed issue promptly (even when technically out of warranty) and are great to work with on resolving, the Teric has not been a flawless product launch for SW.

I’m hoping that after an almost complete rebuild in 2019 and a second battery replacement 2 months ago that mine will not have further issues.
There have been some serious issues with the Teric.

But has anyone not received stellar customer support? They always make things right.

But has anyone not received stellar customer support? They always make things right.
Their support is great and I went with perdix AI solely because of Teric issues. I think I would have preferred a teric. That being said I am excited for my first dives with the perdix soon.

I'm not an expert but have used quite a few different rigs. In picking a bp/W the order of priorities (for me) would go something like this:
  • Correct lift
  • Donut wing - I dislike the u-shaped ones
  • Correct plate (for me warm water and heavy steel tank - I need aluminum)
  • Adjustable harness (I have sliders and or plastic fastex clips on various rigs and always include a cross chest strap)
  • Crotch strap with a fastex clip that is adjustable and easily opened if needed. - made myself.
  • Decent inflator (I use an Air 2 on most all my rigs, almost sacrilege w/ the fanatics )
  • Prefer a pull dump inflator (most people don't)
  • Lastly... the brand of the rig.
At the very least pay attention to the fact that lift and type of wing and plate are far, far more important than brand.

Try to determine the features you want and then pick a brand (or combination) that will work for you.

I’m currently trying to sell my halcyon eclipse! Very little interest! Thanks

Have you compared the price you’re asking to others that have sold on SB recently? Perhaps price is too high.

I was just pointing out that the issues with the Teric have actually been a let down for many. My Perdix AI has been flawless, but my Teric has had some issues -so the statement I was responding to was not fully accurate.

Luckily, Shearwater and Dive-Tronix in NA have been a model for fantastic customer service and quick resolution - hopefully, the new majority owners will continue with that tradition.

That customer service doesn't do you any good in the middle of the ocean on a dive boat

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom