Bypass a Back Inflate and go to BPW instead?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My preferred bc is bpw.

If I must to teach I'll dive a back inflate.

You can't pay me to dive a jacket, literally I turned down a teaching job because they wanted me to teach in a jacket.

That's just my preference

Right now I have a Shearwater Peregrine as my primary and an Aqualung i300c as a back up. Eventually, I’ll upgrade to the Perdix.
I'm not crazy about the i300c's algoritm. The Peregrine is a solid computer. Shearwater will never let you down.

My preferred bc is bpw.

If I must to teach I'll dive a back inflate.

You can't pay me to dive a jacket, literally I turned down a teaching job because they wanted me to teach in a jacket.

That's just my preference
I have to pay for rental equipment on a short diving trip and it is always jacket with no exception in SE Asia.

Thanks everyone. I ended up getting the Hog. Divers Supply had a scuba package that included the Hog D3 Zenith regulator and Octo I was already looking at as a back up set so I just did the package. I had 10% off and it also comes with an 2 gauge console and Mares Puck Pro Plus wrist computer so it was under $1000 and I plan to sell the computer and SPG so I’ll have my regs and BPW for cheap.
That's exactly the package I'm hoping to get. I'll be curious to hear what you think of it after you get it all in the water.

Thanks everyone. I ended up getting the Hog. Divers Supply had a scuba package that included the Hog D3 Zenith regulator and Octo I was already looking at as a back up set so I just did the package. I had 10% off and it also comes with an 2 gauge console and Mares Puck Pro Plus wrist computer so it was under $1000 and I plan to sell the computer and SPG so I’ll have my regs and BPW for cheap.
Be sure to get the servicing training from @Jim Lapenta. Also take @rsingler 's reg servicing class.

Litehawk you can remove pockets snd it had trim pockets on the back. For travel warm water diving works nice. I plan on ordering a bp/w as I am starting to do more cold as well.

That's exactly the package I'm hoping to get. I'll be curious to hear what you think of it after you get it all in the water.

Go for it, it is a solid package. I have instructed in it and taught students wearing it. It is a solid BCD that will serve you well for a long time.

Similar to what I was looking at. I ended out getting the D1x first stage and Classic for the 2nd and Octo. This was on @Jim Lapenta 's recommendation and I couldn't be happier with it. Did my AOW dives in 42-44 degree water with current that had other divers free flowing and the HOG was great. Granted I only had experience with rental rigs before, but I'm a happy camper.

Back
Top Bottom