buying tanks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I personally have a great liking for the new PSt E7-100 steel tanks, though I don't have any yet. They are the same size and weight as AL 80's, but have better bouyancy characteristics. If I had the cash I'd buy about 6 of them. The downside is that they tend to sell for about $350 each.

The E7-80's are real nice, several inches shorter an an AL 80. Look like they'd be great for smaller/shorter divers, like a lot of women & younger divers. They may not work well as doubles, though, as they're so short they likely won't trim well for taller people when doubled.

PM diesel298, he posted yesterday about getting a smokin deal on some. The more he orders, the cheaper they are. worth a try.

I will. Thanks. What are yalls thoughts on e-bay tanks?

You also might keep an out on local dive stores. Alot of stores that keep a many of them on hand will sell tanks cheaper since they no longer posses a fresh hydro. Not a big deal since a hydro lasts for 5 years.

If you check the classified section, there was a website listed that was selling faber 100's for $210 and 120's for $211.

Personally, I just bought a PST hp 100 about a month ago and love it. I'm looking into buying another one.

Unless the ebay tanks are local, it's probably not a good idea. Personally, I would like to look at a steel tank in person, and if possible take it for a vip which costs about $10 depending where you go.

If 80 CF serves you well then the PST E7-80s are a nice tank for the money. With a going price of $205 with VIP and a fill they are IMO a bargain.

Here's a comparison I made a while back:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=1191538&postcount=16

If you've decided to carry more gas then the same math will let you compare options.

Pete

aabond:
You also might keep an out on local dive stores. Alot of stores that keep a many of them on hand will sell tanks cheaper since they no longer posses a fresh hydro. Not a big deal since a hydro lasts for 5 years.

If you check the classified section, there was a website listed that was selling faber 100's for $210 and 120's for $211.

Personally, I just bought a PST hp 100 about a month ago and love it. I'm looking into buying another one.

I'll look there. As soon as I do a lot of comparing and searching, I'll post what I find.

Merry Christmas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom