buying tanks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is what I found. I priced a high pressure 100 cu ft tank.

World Water Sports $325 (plus shipping...?)
Dive Sales $280 (free shipping)
Dive Sports $340 (free shipping)
Scubatoys $300 (plus shipping....?)
EBay (new tanks) $300 (buy it now plus shipping)

I bet if you called scubatoys they will give you your scubaboard discount and they will be comparable or cheaper than Dive Sales.

I just spent days doing the same research. Was looking for 4 HP 100's. Was partial to PST. Some deals came with or without valves or boots or shipping or VIP. I wanted the Pro DIN K valve, which sells for $49 if you had to buy it separately. Everywhere I seemed to put a package together came out to about $350. I ended up ordering 4 PST E7-100's HP steels today from DiveRite Express. Had 18 in stock. They came with Pro DIN K valve, free shipping, boot, Nitrox ready, spare o-ring, cap, VIP and valve attached (under slight pressure) for $349. Some distributors ship with valve off. These tanks are the same 7.25" diameter as my aluminum 80's but 2 inches shorter. Only a pound or so heavier (empty) but their negative buoyancy characteristics will allow some weight to come off of the belt. I'm guessing 6 pounds for doubles.
An outfit in Texas, http://www.absolutescubadivingequipment.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?
had an incredible price for the same type of tank and specs but from Worthington. They charge $279, but not sure what their shipping arrangements are. Granted this purchase really hurt, but double Al. 80's (78) cut it a little too close for the Jersey wrecks we dive (150-170'). For smaller tanks, 23% more air, and a lighter weight belt, it was a no brainer. Only it hurt the wallet. But to be honest, I never think of my wallet while underwater.
Good luck,
Jim

Joel at TDL ( techdiving limited ) has some great deals and hes on the board here and at TheDecostop.com if you have any questions he always seems to be willing to answer them. Just my $.02.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom