buying regulators from abroad, no local service center available?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Corleone

Contributor
Reaction score
well, this is my first participation and im so glad to be here... im in a middle of dilemma...would like to hear more openion, where i live in UAE we do have authorized dealers of Aqua lung, Scubapro, Mares, Oceanic, Aires.

while searching for regulators, i found myself more attracked toward " the Edge Epic " regulator and since there is no Edge/Hog dealer here i might have to buy one through online. question is, how durable are regulators in general and the " Edge epic " in perticular? do i have to worry about getting them served or can other dealers take care of them ? or can i buy the service kit and do it by my own?

also, regarding the BCDs, im leaning more toward Sheerwood and Zeagle and there is no authorized dealer for them?

is the equation here: if there is no service center, don't buy it?

any suggestion regarding regulator and BCD? im exhausted and confused ( +100 hours of reading and searching ) and don't wana buy something, i can over grow in the comming future and be forced to buy a better model.

im an AOW with Nitrox but im a divaholice ( guess its common with new divers )

You should be able to purchase service kits for the Edge regulator from the dealer you buy it from. However, whether one of the dealers in your area is willing to service it could be another story. A technician capable of servicing any of the regulators you named should be able to easily service the Edge, but they may not want to do it.

Some dealers will only service the brands they sell. Other may be willing to service any regulator, as long as they can get parts for it.

Or, could always mail the Epic back to the dealer you buy it from whenever it needs to be serviced. This could get expensive and frustrating however.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Best wishes.

As long as the BCD doesnot have some propriatary octo/inflator attached to it, any dive shop should be able to fix any problems.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom