Buying from Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is this magical search everyone keeps talking about? i typed in leisurepro in the search box, looked at the first 150 listings and none of them have leisurepro or anything remotely close in the title? What am i supposed to do? What would be the "correct" way to serch? Please enlighten me.

Leisurepro is a tooth ache on Scubaboard, and you just hit a very sensitive nerve. This is one place to start a real ripping fight. There are a lot of topics that have been beat to death, this is one of them. I agree that the "search" is not perfect and takes a lot of time, often with little to show from it. There is no magic bullet to answer questions like yours. It may be hard, it may be tedious, but spending time to wade though posts before you ask questions is always best.

BTW, the maps ARE the best money you will spend on your trip!

Has anybody purchased from leisurepro? are they reputable? they seem like it to me, but saw a post somewhere that said they are NOT authorized dealers from some of the brands they carry? not sure how that is possible? thanks!

I have made over a dozen purchases over the last 3 years.

They have been reputable in my experience. I have needed to make several returns for various reasons the process was easy and the refund prompt. I had an item fail after warranty and with no real fuss the backed it up. They ship promptly.

You do need to be aware of the term gray market. Some of their merchandise comes through unconventional channels and is sold outside of the OEMs warranty structure. You may get an item in foreign packaging for instance. Some items will be a model behind the current offering. Most run of the mill stuff is the same as you will get elsewhere.

Personally I use them for odds and ends and things that are very predictable. I would also think twice before buying a regulator that may require some tweaking. Unless I know a size for sure I avoid exposure protection online. Mail order roulette can cost too much postage and time.

Pete

I live in New York and have been in Leisurepro's shop. I have also bought some items from them. Now I wouldnt necessarily buy a dive computer or bc from them but I would buy smaller ticket items. It should be noted that as many times I have been in the store I have never met a diver that was on there staff just sales people.

Actually some of the staff are divers as I have dove with them. however, if you have a good lds, give them some biz. LP is great but not for everything.

my 1.5 cents

leisure pro typically has the best prices on the internet.
they are authorized dealers of all products except aqualung and scubapro.
some dive shops will match any online or local prices, like elmar diving center.
it looks like you are in los angels and there should be plenty of lds willing to compete with online prices [since online prices arent that great anyway]
if not pm or give me a call 480.833.2971 anthony

Found the items I wanted, gave the list to my LDS, and they matched the prices. Also they set the up gear and are letting me return the items after using the in the ocean, if i'm not satisfied. Best of both worlds.

The correct solution:

Decide what you want.
Check out the price on the Leisure Pro website.
Call ScubaToys, a far more reputable dealer, and they will match the price!

DK243

I have nothing against ScubaToys since they have a very good reputation.

Having said that can you explain you comment "... a far more reputable dealer"?

I have no affiliation with either dealer other than being a customer of both dealers.

I just can't understand your statement implying that LeisurePro is a disreputable dealer.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with LeisurePro and that includes returning items with no hassles whatsoever.

Last edited:
Has anybody purchased from leisurepro? are they reputable? they seem like it to me, but saw a post somewhere that said they are NOT authorized dealers from some of the brands they carry? not sure how that is possible? thanks!

Here are the facts about LeisurePro. They are an authorized deal of Mares, Oceanic, Aeris, XS scuba, Cressi-Sub, Tusa, sea&sea, sealife, and couple other smaller brands.

Yesterday, I just brought a friend there to get her a complete set of scuba gear from reg, octo, bc, gauges console, booties, hyper stretch wetsuit, mask, snorkel, split fins, and a roller luggage for the gear the whole nine yards. All products that they are authorized dealers of, so she got the full factory warranties. She spent 1400 bucks out the door for it and that is with the silly nyc sale tax of 8.65%. She save over 600 dollars for good equipment, not the entry level gear that other dealer offer for about the same price. And none of it were discontinue items.

They do sell Scubapro and aqualung as gray market or unauthorized dealer at a big discount.

I have brought all my wife's and my authorized gear through them and saved a ton of money. I also have sent items back to the factory and had NO problems getting it fixed for free. So do not buy into what some tell you on the board. You can check weather they are a authorized deal of a brand by simply going to the manufacturer's website and look them up in NYC, NY. Have fun choosing your gear. :crafty:

Also, as a company LP is great, when my friend tried gear that were more expensive, and it did not fit right. They recommend a less expensive brand that fit her perfectly. They also have an excellent return policies. They are extremely reputable company.

Last edited:
I have never had a problem with them. Free shipping on most of there stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom