Buying from Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find it really funny how these threads keeping coming back on a regular basis. And the responses are all the same: LP is 100% legit. That people asks questions over and over is par for the course with forums. But what I don't understand is why there seems to be this inclination that LP is not legit. Doing a quick forum search, it seems that far more people question LP legitimacy than other online shops. It's somewhat puzzling to me.

think the lds and some on this board wants to keep that myth alive, because they do want customers to buy from LP, or have to bring their price down to work in the new economy. Some just like to hate the big companies.

I would like to know honestly how many of the ppl that accuse LP of being not legit, actually have brought things from them in the last 10 years.

PS,

LP would not get the rating from the BBB or Bizrate if they were not a reputable company. Those rating tells you they are not some fly by night op

Last edited:
I've bought from LP over the internet and also went to their shop last summer and purchased there. I still buy regs, computers, bc's from my LDS. I guess I'm old fashion, preferring to purchase the larger dollar items from the LDS, where I would go for service, giving them the support. Other items, such as masks, fins, accessories, etc. I'll get through LP. I have saved quite a bit on these items which helps offset the higher cost of the big dollar items from the LDS. Plus, I'm not sending my regs off for service throught the mail, ups, or whatever.

If you have not visited LP in NYC and get the opportunity, do it. The folks there are extremely knowledgable and the shop's inventory is extensive as you can imagine.

Leisure Pro is awesome!!! The only thing I havent bought there is my RIFFE speargun, bands and mono (blueh20.com). You cant beat the prices, I live in NJ so it only takes a max of three days for it to get to me. Buy Leisure Pro. (Or Blue H20 or scubas world).

I've bought from LP over the internet and also went to their shop last summer and purchased there. I still buy regs, computers, bc's from my LDS. I guess I'm old fashion, preferring to purchase the larger dollar items from the LDS, where I would go for service, giving them the support. Other items, such as masks, fins, accessories, etc. I'll get through LP. I have saved quite a bit on these items which helps offset the higher cost of the big dollar items from the LDS. Plus, I'm not sending my regs off for service throught the mail, ups, or whatever.

If you have not visited LP in NYC and get the opportunity, do it. The folks there are extremely knowledgable and the shop's inventory is extensive as you can imagine.

I've bought 1 reg, and 1 BC from LP in 8 years, in that same time I have bought 4 wetsuits, 2 wetsuits for my children, dive luggage 3 pairs of fins, 3 masks, 2 new snorkles, several rash guards. hundreds of divelog pages. hundreds of airfills, multiple dive t-shirts, lanyards, clips, dive gifts, service for all of my equipment every year(my dive shop is fully aware of my purchase of LP equipment and are more than happy taking my money for service in fact he has told me if he wasn't an owner he would buy from LP!!!!!!). The point is...I've spent far more at my LDS and equipment that I would consider wearables.....equipment that wears out, than I ever have at LP on the expensive equipment that som yell never buy from LP. Despite buying from LP i'm fully secure in the fact that i'm not running my LDS out of business

I've bought everything from bc's to regs from lp. Dove with employees and even studied with the mgr. (master instructor). It is a shame here in the ny area that there are no real lds worthy of my business, in my experience mind you. if there is one out there enlighten me and i will bring them biz. LP friggin rocks. Selection, service, knowledge and price. if only they did fills....

my 1.5psi

leisure pro typically has the best prices on the internet.
they are authorized dealers of all products except aqualung and scubapro.
some dive shops will match any online or local prices, like elmar diving center.
it looks like you are in los angels and there should be plenty of lds willing to compete with online prices [since online prices arent that great anyway]
if not pm or give me a call 480.833.2971 anthony

Wrong!
Unless it has changed, they are not Oceanic Authorized
I know, I got a bad deal on two computers with dead batteries and out of date revisions
LP did give me my money back and I purchased from ScubaToys!

Rock On Scuba Toys

If you can't support your LDS or they won't work on price then go to Scubatoys.
That's my opinion

Wrong!
I know, I got a bad deal on two computers with dead batteries and out of date revisions
LP did give me my money back and I purchased from ScubaToys!

Rock On Scuba Toys

If you can't support your LDS or they won't work on price then go to Scubatoys.
That's my opinion

NOT Wrong, look it up on the oceanice webpage, leisurepro is authorized to sell oceanic and aeris. When was that last time you checked.

NOT Wrong, look it up on the oceanice webpage, leisurepro is authorized to sell oceanic and aeris. When was that last time you checked.
Year ago, maybe 18 Months.
Oceanic told me they were not at that time.

That is why I said

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom