Buying from Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PS

If you call LP with the gear you want, they can package it and save you even more money or submit the items you want with the online package link and they will get back to you with the package price and save you some more money.

DK243

I have nothing against ScubaToys since they have a very good reputation.

Having said that can you explain you comment "... a far more reputable dealer"?

I have no affiliation with either dealer other than being a customer of both dealers.

I just can't understand your statement implying that LeisurePro is a disreputable dealer.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with LeisurePro and that includes returning items with no hassles whatsoever.

I say that after reading many posts on SB. I have never seen anything less than a glowing report on ScubaToys, but I have read many posts from people unhappy with LP.

Posts like these are so terribly misleading. Point is, LP is a VERY reputable company, with, in my own experience, fantastic customer service, and great prices.

I say that after reading many posts on SB. I have never seen anything less than a glowing report on ScubaToys, but I have read many posts from people unhappy with LP.

Do you often make authoritative statements based on second hand info. Info gleaned from an internet discussion board, that quite likely was second hand, or had a hidden agenda to start with.

Do yourself & everyone else a favour & stick with asking questions or answers that you have some personal experience with.

5 years ago I bought every top of the line piece of gear I own from LP at more than affordable prices. My LDS had me buying gear that I surely would have grown(experience) out of by now. Most of it quality gear but basic no bells and whisles gear that I wouldn't be happy with now..so save the money and buy from LP, there is enough evidence on here to tell you that hundreds of customers have had great experiences with them.

Do you often make authoritative statements based on second hand info. Info gleaned from an internet discussion board, that quite likely was second hand, or had a hidden agenda to start with.

Do yourself & everyone else a favour & stick with asking questions or answers that you have some personal experience with.

Now, now. let's not get personal. Point in fact, I do have personal experience. I checked the price on LP and ScubaToys happily matched the price with first class service

Now, now. let's not get personal. Point in fact, I do have personal experience. I checked the price on LP and ScubaToys happily matched the price with first class service

I have dealt with both companies, and had nothing but the best service. Both are authorized dealers some of the top brands. LP just has a bigger selection and more options if you do not worry about the "factory warranty" and it is not that important to you.

For me, i am just to busy to do the price match thing. I just want to find the best price and then get it. I really do not feel like sending a email or call for a price match. Just give me the best price up front.

Last edited:
PS.

LP will also Price Match and give additional 5% off the price you find online. That a pretty strong price matching policy.

The correct solution:
Decide what you want.
Check out the price on the Leisure Pro website.
Call ScubaToys, a far more reputable dealer, and they will match the price!

In this post you say LP are not very reputable.

In this one you say you came to this conclusion by reading posts on SB.

In this one you've changed your mind & now have personal experience. Your experience seems to be limited to using LP to force a lower price out of ST. Is that right? If it is I wouldn't call that having any experience in dealing with LP at all. Or have you actually purchased something from LP & they ripped you off, treated you poorly or had other problems with them. Or are we back to second hand info gleaned off SB posts.

I bought practically all my gear (wetsuit, computer, BC, etc.) from LP I never had a problem with them. As a matter of fact, I bought my Apeks ATX40 regulator from them last winter and just the other day, I received an email from them about a visual inspection recall issued by Apeks. Naturally, it helps if one lives in the area as I do. I've also used Scubatoys and I also have no complains about their service. I like the 10% scubaboard discount. What makes me use LP more than Scubatoys is the fact that I live very close to LP and thus it is my LDS (except for classes). Also, LP sells more brands than ST does (such as Suunto), and while they are not authorized dealers for some of the brands they sell, they will match the warranty of the manufacturer with their own.

Back
Top Bottom