Buying from Leisure Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wrong!
Unless it has changed, they are not Oceanic Authorized
I know, I got a bad deal on two computers with dead batteries and out of date revisions
LP did give me my money back and I purchased from ScubaToys!

Rock On Scuba Toys

If you can't support your LDS or they won't work on price then go to Scubatoys.
That's my opinion

I'm not here to fight over who's best, however I would question your BAD DEAL if they refunded your money back. Sounds pretty honest to me and demands alittle respect in the business world, interesting to point out, I purchased a computer from a LDS and It for what ever reason didn't work the way I thought it should(SUNNTO MOSQUITO) however instead of refunding my money back the whole transaction got mired down with sending the computer back to Sunnto instead of just giving me 1 of the 5 that was in their showcase....go figure

OK, for the record, Leisure Pro is a fully legal legitimate business. What causes so much of the controversy is the fact that they sell a lot of equipment gray market. Gray market means that they buy equipment outside of the manufacturer's network. Thus they cannot offer a manufacturer's warranty. In place of this, they have their own warranty. It is up to the consumer to see if this warranty meets their needs. On brands they are authorized dealers for, they of course can offer the manufacturers warranty. The big problem with competing with any gray market sales is that many times gray market retailers can sell items for less than what an authorized dealer pays wholesale for them. This makes it hard on a lot of the competition, and has probably hurt many of the smaller LDS's. However it is perfectly legal - they are doing nothing wrong. However, many authorized dealers may choose not to service equipment purchased from gray market. Others do, but you may end up paying full price - parts and labor, which in the long run may negate the savings you originally made. Also, when you register your equipment with the manufacturer, if there is a recall, the manufacturer can notify you directly. Again, this is a decision for the consumer to make.

Just to clear things up with this grey market nonsense. How is this industry any different from any other? Most retailers look to get the best price they can to increase their margins and move more product, just good business sense, it does not matter whether it is scuba gear or a pair of jeans. This is how they KEEP THEIR DOORS OPEN! This is how biz is being done in the 21st century.

I spend my dollar where I'm being treated fairly, meaning a good price and service. Flame On!

I do business with them and they are a legal business entity. If they stand behind the products that they sell whether it is grey market or not says a lot about them. The above poster is right. This is how business is conducted nowadays. A lot of dealers of so-called high-end equipment who do not do business online also sell and feed into the grey market so they can offload many of the gear that they don't sell and cannot keep in inventory. I don't see too many $700-$900 regulators flying off the LDS shelves so they must go somewhere.

The notion of 'gray market' goods is actually very interesting. In many, dare I say most, cases the term does imply that the product will not come with any kind of warranty, leaving the purchaser with no recourse should something go wrong.

Now you have a company like Leisure Pro that really turns this model on its head. It sells these 'gray market' products but stands behind them 100% with their own warranty. And they are a large enough company that one can depend on that warranty to be there if it is needed. So to answer my own previous question, I guess I do understand why these types of threads come up over and over. And we just need to reply, over and over, that LP is a legit company that stands behind their products with a warranty that is equal to what the manufacturer would provide.

First I would like to say: I love LeisurePro! It's on browser speed dial for me. I order Monday morning, it's on my doorstep Wednesday lunch. Products are awesome, quality is great My only grip is communication via email. Often I email them with questions on particular products, sometimes I don't hear back from them for a couple days, sometimes I don't hear back from them at all! :no

ScubaToys on the other hand...give me a response to my product related questions either that night, or by first thing the following morning. Never fails!

If you have a question, the best thing is to give them a call. It is worth giving them a call if you want to buy certain items.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom