Buying domestic tickets to Tacloban online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tazzmeyer

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi PPDers....

I need some help. I have been trying to book domestic flights on Cebu Pacific from Manila to Tacloban but the online site won't process credit cards from the US. :shakehead:

I'm diving at Sogod Dive Resort in Southern Leyte in Feb and have booked our international flight into Manila but can't seem to book a ticket to Tacloban. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I know I can fly into Cebu (which gives me more flight options) and then take a ferry to Leyte but in it looks like the combined travel time of the ferry and the drive to the resort is much longer than the 3 hour overland transfer from Tacloban so going through Tacloban seems to make more sense.

Any help is much appreciated. :D

You can call the Cebu Pacific Office and they'll process your order over the phone. I had to do that back in October and it was all going smoothly until they found out my credit card was going to expire that month.

But it would have been no problem except for that small detail.

Thanks chip - we have been trying the phone all day but can't get through. They are having a promotion (all domestic flights 1php) so I imagine they are slammed....

Are there other airlines that fly into Tacloban or can someone recommend a local travel agent that might be able to help me book this ticket?

Thanks chip - we have been trying the phone all day but can't get through. They are having a promotion (all domestic flights 1php) so I imagine they are slammed....

Are there other airlines that fly into Tacloban or can someone recommend a local travel agent that might be able to help me book this ticket?

Try Philippine Airlines they have a couple of flights but you will pay more. I have had good service from a local travel agent in the Manila area in the past - Filipine Travel Center Philippines Airline Tickets, Philippines Hotels and Resorts, Philippines Tour Packages. I would keep trying to get the eticket with Cebu Pacific unless you are staying in Manila for a night or two.

Thanks Jason,

We are actually staying over in Manila before flying to Tacloban because the flights don't line up. The line to Cebu Pacific has been busy all day today too so we might just end up using your agent. I haven't been too pleased with Philippines Airline so trying not to use them if possible- we flew with them back to Beijing a couple days ago and the processing time at the new airport was unbelievable - so so so inefficient in every aspect from check in to paying the airport tax to the passport and security check... our plane was delayed an hour as we waited for 44 people to go through security. :confused:
We arrived at the airport 2 1/2 hours early and we just made it before boarding time.

This might not actually be a problem if we fly domestically with them but I guess the last experience doesn't make me anxious to fly with them again.

Thanks so much for the lead...hopefully your local agent can help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom