Buying a boat and looking for help on sites!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry about the post location haha. I'm new to the forums Snr don't know my way around yet. Thanks for all the advice so far guys. So what's so good about the oil rigs? Are we allowed to get close to those rigs without working there? I've been out to sea with a small center console. Nothing this big.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They act as(man made) artificial reefs--& each hold thousands of fish.......We head out of Cameron, Louisiana buts that's basically the same as where you'll be....AND--we head @ least 30 miles offshore to begin our diving(fishing)---water is VERY shallow in this part of the Gulf......Example:mad: 30 miles offshore we're in about 40' of water---@ 65 miles offshore we're in about 95 feet of water.......Do a google(youtube) search about diving/fishing the GoM......

rameysnapper2.jpg

Last edited:
Cool boat!!!

Very cool-ought to take a good 3 to 5' chop pretty good......very much needed in the GoM......

If your living in Beaumont the cloest place to launch is the Sabine River but its a long way out to clear water. If you leave it on the trailer you might look at driving to Frteeport to launch sometimes because the water gets clearer faster the farther south you go and its cheaper to drive you truck than your boat. Other that production platforms you do have the Fogg and star reef about 30 miles out of Freeport

Randy

Back
Top Bottom