Bug reports...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clicking New Posts only lists the last 100 threads posted to instead of the usual 500. I've even hit last day, last 2 days, etc with the same results.

Dive-aholic:
Clicking New Posts only lists the last 100 threads posted to instead of the usual 500. I've even hit last day, last 2 days, etc with the same results.
That's not a bug, it's a new feature. :)

From reading Pete's posts it appears that the server has never crashed, yet twice today it appeared to crash - at least I got the infamous
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
and I was unable to connect to SB - and ONLY SB - for about 30-40 mins.

The first time happened around 1:23 west coast time, I was editing a reply to a thread in the video forum that I had just posted.

It also just occurred about 6:15 west coast, I hit reply to add a new post to an existing thread when it locked up for about 10 min with no activity, then after that I would get the error listed above.

I checked it again at 6:45, still down and now finally at 7PM I'm able to post this. This time I was watching an auction so kept a window open and retried it about every five minutes or so.

So I'm wondering if SB operations is aware of this or possibly this only happens from a user perspective not from the Administrators account.

I'm not complaining, SB with reduced functionality is still better than any other board I'm on, just thought you might like to know about this.

Further developments. The board hiccuped again at 7:06 while I was previewing this prior to posting. Clicking on the Site Support link, I've had to wait almost a minute before being able to access the bug reports thread. However now that I'm in the thread, it seems fast.

btw, I'm on a cable connection connected at 6581KBPS right now, so I don't think the problem is on my end.

I have been trying to edit my dive profile and can't seem to load the page at all.

JessSu:
I have been trying to edit my dive profile and can't seem to load the page at all.
It's been turned off since the server migration. It was turned on briefly this weekend but it was discovered that some of the code is missing so it's off again until it can be restored.

If you just want to make some additions to your profile, you could mention it here: http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?p=2192107#post2192107
the SB Fairy Godmother is granting requests over there. :D :D

Thanks so much! Please don't think I was complaining- I just wanted to make sure y'all were aware of the issue. I can wait! :)

deepstops:
Since the server change, I have to sign in again about once every hour or so. Is it a feature or a bug??
(yes, I have "remember me" checked when I sign in)
Really...?! :11: I've not had that problem...?

Dive-aholic:

I am having the same problem. At first I thought it was just a slow day but after a couple of visits I knew something was off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom