BSAC on “Hogarthian rigging” and “Primary take” for “out of gas response”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nemrod,

That dive was no joke. I had a scop patch on my neck and I still threw up once. Aqualung's new BC is really slick, I never really use a BC but it looks pretty high speed. I remember when we came up and the boat was gone. That made me feel a little uncomfortable. It's a good thing that I can swim. I treaded water until they came back as I wasn't even wearing a BC on that trip. I suppose if I got tired I could've ditched my weight belt, but since I am not a slob I didn't need to do so.

If you buy a poodle jacket it should at least be something classy like a scubapro classic.

I know Nemrod personally and he is not the Mr. Rowley fellow.
I was teasing, actually ... but it sounds a lot like some things he's written on SB ... :wink:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Nemrod,

That dive was no joke. I had a scop patch on my neck and I still threw up once. Aqualung's new BC is really slick, I never really use a BC but it looks pretty high speed. I remember when we came up and the boat was gone. That made me feel a little uncomfortable. It's a good thing that I can swim. I treaded water until they came back as I wasn't even wearing a BC on that trip. I suppose if I got tired I could've ditched my weight belt, but since I am not a slob I didn't need to do so.

If you buy a poodle jacket it should at least be something classy like a scubapro classic.

Yeah, that was a day, I still don't understand why they did not just bring the boat back to us instead of making us all swim after it. :confused:. Maybe the DMs had a bet with the captain on which fat old guy would cardiac first, lol (not including you, neither old or fat, ha). I swallowed enough seawater that day to fill a saltwater aquarium. Yeah, I am trying to remember who all was there, most of the guys (and girls) did not have a BC at all or any long hoses. I had my Oxy only to help out with the stupid camera. Otherwise I might have deep sixed. :wink:. You were swimming for all you had, we should not have even been out there I suppose. Well, we survived.

Yep, that little AL Zuma may be the winner, would like to get it in a pool.

N

Slightly random thought on the OP: it would be easier to take BSAC more seriously if they had fewer spelling and grammatical errors in their missives.

I really like the quote......

But the people to decide this sort of stuff prob still have a suicide bottle on their buddy jackets.

New name for spare air I assume?
I suspect that it an allusion to the separate bottles that used to be part of many British BCs (then called ABLJs).

I suspect that it an allusion to the separate bottles that used to be part of many British BCs (then called ABLJs).

I think that's right. Back from the good 'ole days when it was assumed the best solution to any diving emergency was to turn a valve and shoot to the surface like a missile.

As a FENZY user of many years I have to say that, "turn a valve and shoot to the surface like a missile," was never viewed (as far as I know) as an appropriate solution any more than using a power inflator to accomplish the same thing. For me, at least, the bottle was a backup breathing supply back in the days before an auxiliary was a standard piece of gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom