BSAC on “Hogarthian rigging” and “Primary take” for “out of gas response”

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I wonder ... does anyone know what BSAC's position is on the use of inline secondary regs such as the AIR II?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

are people really calling it hoglooping?
sounds silly

Hoglooping, poodle jacket, diver descriptive writing at it's finest.

The Brits have great terms, a neuro DCS hit is referred to as the "Staggering Slobers."

NWG,
They don't have a position on AIR2s :)

Bizarre eh?

Inconsistent.

My impression of the letter in the OP is that they determined the outcome first, then looked for reasons to justify it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

As an outsider looking in, I really find this surprising. It always seemed to me that BSAC was held up in such high regard. This change is shocking in its naivete and comes across as flat out ignorant.

"Was" is, I believe, the operant term.

As an outsider looking in, I really find this surprising. It always seemed to me that BSAC was held up in such high regard. This change is shocking in its naivete and comes across as flat out ignorant.

I think it is a simple case of the grass looking greener on the other side of the pond. I would agree, there is sometimes an anything but PADI mindset, but in this case the BSAC statement is what seems ignorant.

In the end, we each should make an informed decision on gear selection, not following any agency blindly. They have their own agenda, not always identical to our best interest.

Back
Top Bottom