Brownstone Exploration & Discovery Park, CT - Open Invite July 9-10, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbsaw:
In case anybody was planning on attending the Portland Fireworks (The best in the State), They have been moved to Sunday, according to www.portlandct.org on the Calendar page. Bummer, Guess they are scared of the rain. They will be held Sunday at dusk, 9:15 or so...

www.portlandct.org also has alot of info and History on the Quarries, Check it out..
In case anybody thinks we are not going to raid the fireworks , take them and shoot them off on saturday at the quarrys instead . Youre nuts. If you would like to lend a hand please go to www.we-are-all-going-to jail-drunk.com

75 Drunk divers running down Main St toting fireworks.. theres a picture for the Newspaper...

Shhhhh, they are not supposed to know about our little post-diving rituals.

umm...seriously...i have about 100 dollars worth of fireworks...can I bring em or will we get in deep doo?

Im pretty sure that if you bring fireworks, you will be "spirited away" by the local constabulary. (the cops will cuff and stuff you) Sure, it sounds like fun now, but it will crap up your resume later in life. It's more fun to go diving, grab Franks fishing line, and swim like hell! He loves it!

Frank Hayes:
Honestly folks if you want to see something very cool , Bring some canned corn and place it at any shallow sunny spot and wait ten minutes. Any were from two to ten very large carp and or bass will feed on it. We are slowly trying to get the carp to feed from are hands. I,m told buy some trusted Divers the Cat Fish are just as big but I have not seen one myself.

It is true, the water is cold, there are fish (I've seen a few huge ones myself!) and it is fun! I will be at the "sign up dive booth" checking in everyone, just look for me, Jackie and the trusty hound! See you there!

Annie

oooh...can I bring my doggy? (nah just kidding)

Morpheus:
Umm.....are there any Sharks in the quarry?????? :)
It could be arranged.

The weather for tomorrow shows thunder/lightening storms for tomorrow. Will this have any impact on the dive for this weekend? Will it be cancelled? I don't mind diving in rain, but wasn't sure about the lightening. Just curious.
Shane

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom