Brownstone Exploration & Discovery Park, CT - Open Invite July 9-10, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOO HOO!! I just got a job with the Brownstone Exploration + discovery Park, as an artificial reef! Frank, we can discuss pay and bennies later. My wife is thrilled, she's gone out to buy oranges to celebrate, and is elated that im finally getting the recognition I deserve.

I have heard rumors of A giant enchanted Orange Tree growing on the back side of the Island.... It is the seceret "Land of the Portland Mermaid" and I heard Frank holds the key to her heart.... I would hate to be DBG40 as he tries to submerge the first time, I have seen plans of a Semi Automatic, Orange Shooting, Scooby Doo, Land Cannon being mounted out on the Promentory this week.. I wonder what the acidity of the OJ will do to the Vis????

If are aim is good DBG40's vis should be as good as it gets at 70 feet in the quarry.

How crowded do you think the site will be this weekend?

I think there will be a decent turnout, but it's a big site and hard to get crowded. We had about 100 divers (me guessing, not the count of waivers) over the course of one day during the last event. Plenty of room to set-up. And 40 acres of quarry to explore. The entry area is rather big.

The more the merrier!! The more divers we get to show up, the better it looks to the town. But like you said there is very little crowding issues... Just dont park in front of the VFW building, they called the authorities on us last time.. Use the lot about 100 yards past the quarry entrance on the opposite side of the road. Drop your gear off at the Promontory, and park in the lot.. We could all use a little exercise.. :11:

Morpheus:
Do you think a 3mm Wetsuit would be sufficient for a 2 tank day? or should I rent a 7mm?????

3mm is not recommended. A number of divers use 7mm and are fine. You might be fine if you don't plan to dive deeper than about 4 feet for a very short dive. The water here gets cold quick and gets to the low 40s and high 30s at depth. the first 8 feet is mostly above 70 degrees, but below that it drops fast.

Mike

saltywater:
3mm is not recommended. A number of divers use 7mm and are fine. You might be fine if you don't plan to dive deeper than about 4 feet for a very short dive. The water here gets cold quick and gets to the low 40s and high 30s at depth. the first 8 feet is mostly above 70 degrees, but below that it drops fast.

Mike
a 4 foot dive??? wouldnt that be considered snorkeling???? :)

wow...3mm...you would be hypothermic very quickly. don't play with that stuff...7mm or a FJ+shorty

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom