Brownstone Exploration & Discovery Park, CT - Open Invite July 9-10, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saltywater:
3mm is not recommended. A number of divers use 7mm and are fine. You might be fine if you don't plan to dive deeper than about 4 feet for a very short dive. The water here gets cold quick and gets to the low 40s and high 30s at depth. the first 8 feet is mostly above 70 degrees, but below that it drops fast.

Mike
How's the temperature in the 8 to 40 foot range?

gerardw:
How's the temperature in the 8 to 40 foot range?

At 20 to 30 feet, temp drops into low to mid 50s. by the time you get to 40 feet you are around 40 to 45 degres. Last dive was 43 degrees at 43 feet and 39 at 65 feet. Those figures are estimates but should be fairly close. The nice thing is when you get back up to the 0 to 10 foot range, it's like entering the hot tub (low to mid 70's) . (Feels almost too warm..)

saltywater:
At 20 to 30 feet, temp drops into low to mid 50s. by the time you get to 40 feet you are around 40 to 45 degres. Last dive was 43 degrees at 43 feet and 39 at 65 feet. Those figures are estimates but should be fairly close. The nice thing is when you get back up to the 0 to 10 foot range, it's like entering the hot tub (low to mid 70's) . (Feels almost too warm..)

Gotta love those thermoclines!

gfisher4792:
Gotta love those thermoclines!

remind you of west hill neil? ;-)

(last year we dove west hill pond with only our shorties... little did we know there would a 30+ degree difference between surface and depth)

warpig:
remind you of west hill neil? ;-)

(last year we dove west hill pond with only our shorties... little did we know there would a 30+ degree difference between surface and depth)

Yeah, no kidding, huh, Shane? You going down to Portland this weekend?

gfisher4792:
Yeah, no kidding, huh, Shane? You going down to Portland this weekend?

yeah ill be there sunday w/ Dan and Pete. see you there!

wow us saturday people will get all the good pickings...SUCKERS

lord1234:
wow us saturday people will get all the good pickings...SUCKERS

just make sure my slot machine is cleaned up and dried out by the time i get there.

or else.

warpig:
just make sure my slot machine is cleaned up and dried out by the time i get there.

or else.
Hey I already have first dibs on the second machine to surface so Find a real good one!

In case anybody was planning on attending the Portland Fireworks (The best in the State), They have been moved to Sunday, according to www.portlandct.org on the Calendar page. Bummer, Guess they are scared of the rain. They will be held Sunday at dusk, 9:15 or so...

www.portlandct.org also has alot of info and History on the Quarries, Check it out..

Back
Top Bottom