Brownstone Exploration & Discovery Park - CT - July 16, 2005

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My first dive with Dave when we hit 70 ft with 37 degree temp I had a smal trickle of water dribble into my ear and give me a breif dizzy spell. Pressure and coldness will do it. Thats one reason I alway suggest staying with your buddy and staying in constant visual contact. I belive I mentioned this in a previous post. If your body hasn't experienced pressure and cold before it hasn't adapted and sometimes the first time is the worst. Took a few days to get that wooshy feeling out of my left ear.

If cold water contacts the inner ear vertigo is sometimes a result. The diver that did the deepest scuba dive was very sick during his half day decompression stop due to cold water hitting his inner ear and divers throughout the area came to decompress with him.

Chris

ScubaSarus:
If cold water contacts the inner ear vertigo is sometimes a result. The diver that did the deepest scuba dive was very sick during his half day decompression stop due to cold water hitting his inner ear and divers throughout the area came to decompress with him.

Chris

Thanks for this post, it was intimated to me that my technique had something to do with it...

I felt like I was in a washing maching on my ascent from 35 ft. but trusted my depth gauge to help me ascend. Disoriented doesn't mean you lose congnitive abilities, thank God... just can't panic. I feel good that I was able to go through that spell composed and together. I have more faith in my abilities now. This can happen to anyone.

frank wants you to bring captain's.

lord1234:
frank wants you to bring captain's.
Were you be last weekend. I had no one to pick on. I started with Mer, But she decked me.

FRANKly you probably deserved it...when is the next dive where I can camp/watch out for stuff being stolen? Thats when I will be down again...gas prices are killing me unless you can find someone in the area willing to carpool with poor little me...

--L1234

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom