breast feeding

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It was aggressive of him to say I should go to Mardi Gras. And very aggressive to try and shun woman and children into public restrooms to eat. Beware of the hidden burkahs, that's what I say!

Wowsers -- the things being said.

I breastfed my kids -- I bought clothes specifically for bf'ing for modesty as I would not want to have a blanket over my head while eating -- I don't think my kiddo would love it either. When I was nursing my kids you could not see any breast exposed unless you happened to be looking at the moment they were to latch on -- then you may catch a seconds glimpse. If a person has that big of an issue -- they should not be looking.

Personally I would rather see a happy, quiet nursing baby -- than an upset noisemaking hungry beast.

Good point Kimber.

oh, Kimber just one guy, we are actually batting pretty good in here...thank goodness for the PNW-ers. You know you can count on them for support...you know nature lovers and all.

Barbara Walters was whining on The View the other day about how she had to sit next to a nursing mother on a plane. ...I never really liked her anyway. And to go on TV and go on about it...I am all for kicking her right out of womanhood. What a traitor. Even if she feels that way?... Man, even I know better than to take on the La Leche League.

Perhaps modesty in this world is not as appreciated as it should be. But if you want/need to feed in public, the least you can do is to attempt to be aware of the feelings of the people around you. We aren't talking about the people like TekDiveGirl who obviously understands this, but about the woman that sits in the middle of Target with everything hanging out and no attempts what-so-ever at modesty. There is a big difference here. I was at the mall once and noticed a mother sitting on a bench with a coverlet over her shoulder, sure I know what she is doing!! But I appreciate her understanding that in our typical american culture having your breasts hanging out in public is not politically correct. It's all about understanding the culture you do live in and discernment in acting appropriately.

white? yikes, now I am getting scared.

No, I am not offended until you said American. I am an American and I breast feed.

I do appreciate your feelings and your husband's. If you go back and read my remarks, I cannot believe you don't see this. It was your husband who came on here using words like "nip" and how he didn't want to see some guy's wife's breast. So maybe you should do a little education plan on him?

and yes, throwing white in there sent shivers down my spine.

Breast feeding is something that I put in the human right's category.

Back
Top Bottom