Breakwater Dive Report - 2/6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow,

I thought midget tossing was everything, now I have seen it all, tossing scooters into Point Lobos has it beat.

Only thing is that those are Sierra scooters, right? How about tossing a Cuda 850? Wouldn't that be like tossing two scooters for one?

Don't think, it would be a good idea to climb on top of those boulders and toss the Cuda, could spell trouble.

C aution
U nderwater
D angerous
A appartus

When thrown from the rocks... :D

Proper shore support for us is me. Trying to carry two cudas and a camera/gps while wearing doubles and a deco bottle is at times a little difficult and I admit I struggle sometimes...

This is on the way to a dive site, the entry was over mud to the kayak and then out to sea... A little different than NorCal!

2130893030100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

Mike,
I'm glad you had a good time and didn't kill your self :wink: New doubles and new scooter all at once... at least you had Mike who knows doubles.

I would not advise doing the Met Fields to the Barge unless you have spot on navigation skills. There's a reason why we go Wall-barge-met fields-wall (The Grand Circuit). It would be very easy to miss the barge and end up in the harbor or worst yet past it... I would do the barge then the met fields... as I don't know what speed you guys are running in the cudas I have no idea how long he met field leg would be but usually with sierras we have the nav down pat.

Anyway congrats on the scooter purchase and the dubs... but maybe slow down a little and get some easy dives or a class before going all out.

See ya out there,

Ben

Grand Circuit, huh? I've always called it the Grand Tour, but six of one. . . I've swum it a few of times, usually finishing up by coming in from the Milestone at the Met. Field to the Big Pipe, then in until the north end of the nav. course and then south along it to the wall, before heading for the beach. Next time Mike tries, it might help to look at a map or even have a laminated copy along, preferably one oriented to magnetic north and with 100' grid squares to make distance estimation easy:

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oGRzS1...kwater)/5-21-09 San Carlos Beach Dive Map.pdf

Guy

I still have yet to find the line headed out to the barge, but have only looked once at night when we couldn't see 4 feet in front of us. Ben you still owe us a Grand Circuit Tour and I owe you some boat dives.

I was surprised by how close in the barge actually is. The only time I have ever dove it we dropped the hook and jumped overboard. It was a fun dive, but nothing super spectacular. The fish are fairly big there though. Shhhh...don't want the fisherman to know that.

Hey Peter,

Maybe that day you dove the barge and when that seal made you apprehensive, could it be that the seal was using your boat as sanctuary? Could there be something more sinister out there spooking the seals?

I was nervous when I read your report, I literally read it over and over slowly just for the excitement that it gave me, you really know how to use ANECDOTES!!!

You are very detailed and it makes for wanting to read your posts, when I see them... :)

Hey Peter,

Maybe that day you dove the barge and when that seal made you apprehensive, could it be that the seal was using your boat as sanctuary? Could there be something more sinister out there spooking the seals?

I was nervous when I read your report, I literally read it over and over slowly just for the excitement that it gave me, you really know how to use ANECDOTES!!!

The baby seal was playing or so I thought. Now you are making me wonder?? Kathy is supposed to be there though when I meet the landlord. :D

I did keep waiting for the little seal to come out of nowhere and scare the crap out of me. It was one of those moments that I had to force myself to do something, knowing the reality of it was nothing dangerous was going to happen. It is kinda like getting on a Disney Land ride like the Tower of Terror, where you know it is going to drop just not when. (Actually I was laughing my ass off on that ride watching the people around me, but you get the point.)

You are very detailed and it makes for wanting to read your posts, when I see them... :)

You do know I failed English right? :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom