BP/W - APEKS vs Oxycheq

BP/W - APEKS vs Oxycheq

• Oxycheq

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • Apeks

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tks for the suggestions guys. I've finally made a decision few months back when I was back in the US. So I went with the Freedom Contour plate from Eric and the 23# wing from VDH. Just finished setting it up but it looks awesome. Will provide pics and test report once I have time to get it in the water. But one thing for sure, the setup is so small that it is invisible if I strap it on without a tank. From the frontal view, my torso completely masks the plate and the wing.

why do you think an AL plate is going to better serve you for warm water diving? Does the 3lb weight savings really mean that much to you when you travel?

Me, i mostly dive when travel, in backpacker style, i travel with SS backplate, i don't understand why people would like to use aluminum BP when diving with AL80 or equal tanks.

But if i should use my 2mm wetsuite together with my 12l steel tank at home in our fresh or brackish water, my SS BP is to heavy.

Tks for the suggestions guys. I've finally made a decision few months back when I was back in the US. So I went with the Freedom Contour plate from Eric and the 23# wing from VDH. Just finished setting it up but it looks awesome. Will provide pics and test report once I have time to get it in the water. But one thing for sure, the setup is so small that it is invisible if I strap it on without a tank. From the frontal view, my torso completely masks the plate and the wing.
Yes, would be interested in seeing pics of the setup. And if you have any links to the purchase sites that would be great too. Cheers.

Yes, would be interested in seeing pics of the setup. And if you have any links to the purchase sites that would be great too. Cheers.
Here you go bud.

This is for the wing. @OWIC647
Store | Vintage Double Hose

Here is the thread for the plate from this forum. Read through it and it will give you better idea. The thread goes back to 2013 and there are 48 pages so far. But if you read through all the msgs, there are plethora of useful information.

The new Freedom Contour - The Rolex of backplates. @Eric Sedletzky

You can email Eric directly to purchase the plate. ericsedletzky@yahoo.com

*Disclaimer: I have neither business interest with the aforementioned products nor do I receive remuneration for this post.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom