Bowling Green..........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stingray1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Is anyone else from over my way going to the Bowling Green clean up dive?
I have plenty of room in my truck and all you would have to do is drive to Effingham or somewhere along my route to Bowling Green and I'll stop and pick you and your gear up.

Are you coming out even if you cant find a carpool buddy?

I hope you didnt come all the way out here for this.

James Goddard:
James, I think I can safely say, we have found the location that tipifies the term Muck Divers. Definately the first place I've ever been that I will not be going back to.

brianwl:
James, I think I can safely say, we have found the location that tipifies the term Muck Divers. Definately the first place I've ever been that I will not be going back to.
Oh, come on...it can't be that bad. My wife is out of town this weekend. Typically, if I'm not diving on the weekend, she and I are doing somthing together. This weekend, since she's gone I'm babysitting dogs. I'm ready to climb the walls here. I'm pretty sure any muck diving is better than this...

At least I get to dive tomorrow night, even if it is in a pool...

James...I went up there with Chris....we got a the dive report, and we both decided not to get wet...you know its bad if I wont go in.

I'll be at the pool all day tomorrow, most likely

diverbob:
James...I went up there with Chris....we got a the dive report, and we both decided not to get wet...you know its bad if I wont go in.

I'll be at the pool all day tomorrow, most likely
Yes I did go without a carpool buddy and just got back home. It was definately a s***hole of a place. If it hadn't been for meeting up with Brian, Murf and Jesus and Bill then it would have been an absolute waste of my time. And to think that I bought a couple of extra tanks when I heard that there wasn't going to be any air available. Well, at least I have the new tanks for the future. Hey Bob, why didn't you at least stay long enough to say hi? I would have.

Norman

James Goddard:
Oh, come on...it can't be that bad. My wife is out of town this weekend. Typically, if I'm not diving on the weekend, she and I are doing somthing together. This weekend, since she's gone I'm babysitting dogs. I'm ready to climb the walls here. I'm pretty sure any muck diving is better than this...

At least I get to dive tomorrow night, even if it is in a pool...
James, you have a point, any diving is better than no diving. However, to give you an example of the quality of diving in Bowling Green, think of Rolla around the beginning of April just after a rain. Now double the murk. Basically, it's blind mans bluff. You had a couple of choices in the diving, hold hands with your buddy, tie a line between you and your buddy, or dive solo. Plenty of opportunity to find things with the top of your head or tank or whatever part bumped into something.

It was great for developing your blind diving techniques and skills.

brianwl:
It was great for developing your blind diving techniques and skills.
Sounds like it's time for a cavern class. I had to spend half of that with my eyes closed :).

James

Back
Top Bottom