Bought a Peregrine

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice review, thank you.

I'm just getting back into diving after a 15yr hiatus. Never had a computer back then, and obviously they've changed a lot since those days. I've been considering a peregrine or garmin g1, and your insights are very helpful.
I would also look at the new Ratio iX3M 2 computer. Ratio iX3M 2 Pro Dive Computer | Air Integrated

Haven’t read all responses so don’t know if this was mentioned. One of my favorite feautures is the alarm is a vibration instead of a chime. UW I can’t tell whose computer is beeping - but I can feel my Peregrine vibrate.

I've had my peregrine for about a year. The tip about rinsing in fresh water is not to be ignored. I thought for sure my computer was a dud until I contacted Shearwater support and they recommended the soaking. It's a great computer, and I agree with everyone here.

Easy to find all over the world? In remote locations? on a liveaboard? For me, there is no good reason for proprietary cables for applications like this so I try avoid the need for any.

I dive a Teric so can use the same charge pad I carry for my phone - no extra cables to remember to pack. I also have a Perdix 2 and carry an extra fresh lithium AA in it’s case so never have to worry about not having a fully charged DC on dive trips.

Of course, YMMV.
Which charge pad do you use? I asked Shearwater and they ducked and dived away from the question.

I've had my peregrine for about a year. The tip about rinsing in fresh water is not to be ignored. I thought for sure my computer was a dud until I contacted Shearwater support and they recommended the soaking. It's a great computer, and I agree with everyone here.
Interesting. I've had a Perdix for 5 years and now a Petrel and Nerd and never rinse them in fresh water. They work fine.

Interesting. I've had a Perdix for 5 years and now a Petrel and Nerd and never rinse them in fresh water. They work fine.
Different buttons on those compared to the Peregrine. The Peregrine buttons actually move, so they can get a bit crusty.

Which charge pad do you use? I asked Shearwater and they ducked and dived away from the question.
Amazon

We have a few charging pads like this around the house for iPhones, and the Peregrine will charge on any of them. Conversely, my phone also charges on the Peregrine pad.

Amazon

We have a few charging pads like this around the house for iPhones, and the Peregrine will charge on any of them. Conversely, my phone also charges on the Peregrine pad.
Thanks. Wonder if the Teric will work too?

It’s a round Mophie puck.

Different buttons on those compared to the Peregrine. The Peregrine buttons actually move, so they can get a bit crusty.
Same for the Teric - I soak after every dive (and I also soak my Perdix - keeps the straps from getting “ripe” and salt from drying/building up in the openings for the pressure/temp sensors).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom