Bought a Nitek duo , pissed off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have had a Duo for a few years- that over a thousand dives for me- I beat the crap out of it and it still works. Have used it for deco dives and lots of recreational stuff and it works fine.

I have the TUSA 700 same computer use it mostly in gauge mode when diving my rebreather. Also used it a little diving OC has worked great, one thing I like, its easy to read.
As far as the watch function, who cares? Not in watch mode while diving. Finally this computer is not manufactured by Dive Rite. Several companies sell the same unit, just re-badged.

Al

Why would you care about 2 gasses anyway...I thought you were a deep air kind of guy?

Does diving air deep mean he's also diving air shallow?

Maybe you should have read the manual before you bought it?

Winner.

i can't think of one piece of dive rite gear that doesn't suck.

I have had good luck with their reels, pressure gauges, and line arrows.

Tec 2g's are cheap enough now. Send the Dive Rite back.

I have a Nitek Duo and it is just fine despite being banged around a lot when I'm filming. I initially worried about the time function, but the batteries seem to last a very reasonable amount of time so it doesn't bother me. You were in a hurry to get a new computer and probably should have researched the features more before you bought (or just borrowed someone else's for the dive).

I have had good luck with their reels, pressure gauges, and line arrows.

Tec 2g's are cheap enough now. Send the Dive Rite back.

i hate those reels. the pressure gauge is fine. I have one on my backgas. line arrows are too big :p

Out of curiosity which reel do you prefer?

I use a halcyon reel. salvo is ok too. but it has a plastic handle that drives me nuts and USED TO have a plastic screw I didn't like. I think they've changed to a metal screw since I last saw one.
someone ran over my halcyon reel with their car not long ago and it's good as new.

The(DR) reels suck. I'm very profficient with catching the parts as the barrel comes off the axel in high surge at this point. I've had a Halcyon reel implode on me in a high flow sidemount entrance once, that really sucked too. It was a really old Halcyon though... I like my Salvo, but really like the Ralph Hood/Larry Greens.

I like my Dive Rite primary light(and the DR primary I had before it) and my Nomad. Had no issue with the BP/W setup I had before sidemounting. I've dived a Duo and like it, but use a Tec 2G. I use DR wetnotes, fins(my jets were too heavy, I might like the OMS copies better), guages, use a set of the regs on my O2(seems fine, but it doesn't get heavy use since it doesn't get breathed below 20'), etc.

Some of their products seem quite cheesy, but alot of it is perfectly fine.

To the OP: dunno the big issues you're having with the Duo, but you obviously should have shopped around a bit more.

I use a lot of Dive Rite gear....I don't buy the "cheesy" stuff like Bugman was talking about. But I am very happy with the majority of stuff I bought.

Can't agree with all Dive Rite gear sucking comment....but I have seen some divers using Dive Rite gear that sucked....maybe user error....I am just sayin'.:D

Oh yeah, Larry Green reels all the way, and I think Dive Rite and Zeagle computers are made by Seiko???

i can't think of one piece of dive rite gear that doesn't suck.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom