Bought a Nitek duo , pissed off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

East West

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My computer blew out of my boat last week and was in a hurry to replace it . I need to retrieve some fishing gear underwater . Duo came today and read user guide and operated it functions . What is with this time function , you can not turn it off ? I do not want a watch . The backlight will stay on for only 5 seconds . Why don't they skip the watch and have the backlight stay on function . Low viz , night , give me a break . Those buttons look like they will pop off as soon as I bang it against a rock . The real pisser is you can't plan a deco dive . Does it change tables if you use two gases ? I may be overreacting or did I miss something . Aladdin Pro may have been old , but it could least show deco tables and bang it around .

Last edited:
Serves you rite.

Have you taken it diving yet?
I've banged mine against rocks, and wrecks and it still works great.
I can see it in low vis, and the watch function doesn't drain the battery if thats your concern.
You can set it for 2 gasses, and switch while diving

Why would you care about 2 gasses anyway...I thought you were a deep air kind of guy?

Maybe you should have read the manual before you bought it? You're pissed off because it isn't the Aladdin?

4 of our instructors and DMs use the nitek compueter, and one especially likes to bash the crap out of it. It works great and have been using my for gas switch deco dives without a problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom