Bonaire Wannadive- is it just me?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi All!

Let me help a bit. I spoke with Wannadive today:

--------
So, yes they will fill your pony, but unfortunately they do not have any to rent.

Hope this sorts things out!

Liz

I see! Thank You Liz!
I'm glad to hear it was just a matter of language barrier. I thought it was very strange to be told that pony tanks were not allowed ( can't use it as I was told.)

I have also heard that Wannadive is a great dive shop, so this had me more confused.

I'll be looking forward to meeting you folks at Golden Reef on my trip which is coming up very soon! ( May 4-11).

Thanks Again!

John Chaplain

Wannadive rocks. I have dove w/ them twice and they are a great outfit. Bart and Bob (and the others) rock. We were there w/ big groups and they always had fresh tanks (air and nitrox) available, even with 12 trucks running around w/ 8+ tanks in the back. I will always dive w/ them when I go back. I helped w/ an AOW class there and I slung an extra 80 as a reserve, no problem. As others have stated you really do not need a pony there. I really don't see the need for a pony anywhere, but that is a debate for another thread.

Hi All!

Let me help a bit. I spoke with Wannadive today:

They do not have pony tanks to rent, but they will fill your pony tank if you bring one no, problem.

I think the "not allowed" in the email is actually a mis-translation. I have been trying to translate a dutch document into english here on Bonaire and it is VERY difficult! For example, I was translating a single dutch word, and it's "meaning" (as the word itself translated into something in english that had nothing to do with the subject matter (but in dutch it does), and the "definition" was over 4 lines long....once I sat and read the definition 5 times, I finally concluded that the word that, actually meant "building permit".

So, yes they will fill your pony, but unfortunately they do not have any to rent.

Hope this sorts things out!

Liz

And witch word might that be:confused:
Would love to see it.:D

I think you want the word "which" NOT witch (the evil lady who flies around on a broom) LOL

There you go, my Dutch is better then my English.:rofl3:but then again it was not in the Mod training.:rofl3:
But i'll not edit.:D
just blame it on a typo.

There you go, my Dutch is better then my English.:rofl3:
Your Dutch is better than your English. If you're comparing, then you use than. For things like time, you use then.

(Hehe... Sometimes I just can't resist. I hope that doesn't mean I'm a cold person. Then again, if I'm a really cold person who cannot resist, I suppose that would make me a superconductor. :D)

Your Dutch is better than your English. If you're comparing, then you use than. For things like time, you use then.

(Hehe... Sometimes I just can't resist. I hope that doesn't mean I'm a cold person. Then again, if I'm a really cold person who cannot resist, I suppose that would make me a superconductor. :D)

End sumetimes eye doo make mai own typo's:rofl3:

Thank you Liz for sorting this out.
I'm going to try my best to make your BBQ on the 21st of this month. So put us down for 2 people.

This one made me laugh:

Hinder: overmatige blootstelling aan brand- of ontploffingsgevaar;
overmatige lawaai-, geur-, stof- of golfslagproductie ten opzichte van de aangrenzende percelen

Translated on spanish translation language document agency at translation.com

Nuisance: exuberant nudity position at fire or explosions danger; exuberant noise, smell, matter or wave blow production to respect of the
adjoining lots

Do the dutch have people getting naked and noisy around explosives often enough that they had to make a word for it? :D

Maybe this vacation is going to be even MORE interesting than I thought.

Back
Top Bottom