Bolt snap on primary hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
What's the point of the clip on the 7' primary?

I assume it's to keep the hose in place, but in an emergency, doesn't it make donating the primary a PITA, especially in cold water with heavy gloves?

allows you to clip it off to the right chest D-ring when the reg is not in use.

I've never noticed it when donating the primary.

Ok, so it's actually suppossed to be unclipped when you're actually diving?

grunzster:
Ok, so it's actually suppossed to be unclipped when you're actually diving?

Yes. To elaborate a little further, it's used to "stow" the reg when doing an air share. It's also useful to make sure that your hose doesnt end up draggin the ground when gearing up.

It should never be clipped off while breathing the long hose, or else it would severly impair your ability to donate air.

Also, it should be clipped off when you switch to a deco bottle. When making deco stops, you want to be relaxed, and pulling a seven foot hose out from between your fins is no way to do that.

Ah, grunz, we'll have to hit the water again so I can show you how all this works :wink:

jonnythan:
Ah, grunz, we'll have to hit the water again so I can show you how all this works :wink:
Yes maybe next week.

I figure with Dutch falling through, no one really seeming intersted in finding an alternate spot, BTS in 2 weeks, and the season officially opening in April, this weekend may be a good time to drop off my gear.

I was thinking I may get my hoses switched out when it's in.

Cool, let's go dive next weekend. I'm itching to get wet, so I'll drive anywhere.

The long hose clip is also breakaway so if you need it in a hurry just pull and breathe.

Actually, I thought they were no longer using a breakaway on the long hose clip? I heard that current DIR logic is to use cave line to attach the boltsnap...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom