Bodies Recovered in School Sink aka Wayne's World, Hudson, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Were they diving beyond their training and experience? No offense but that seems to be a pretty big assumption. I don't know any of the details but has that info come out yet?

I will leave it up to the authorities to release accurately what certifications they have.

Last edited:
Yes, I talked to one of the recovery divers a while ago. The only reason I posted is because I hope it will serve to scare off people who keep discussing Buford, Eagle's Nest, and other sites where they so obviously don't belong. These two were not full cave and should not have been diving in this system.

I agree completely. These were two of my friends and I am shocked and appalled at some of the decisions they made. It is horrible that they lost their lives because of those decisions.

Very unfortunate... I dive that area (not that cave) and know many of the people who dive that area.

My prayers will be with the divers family's and friends as well as the recovery divers (one of whom is my cave instructor).

bpd375 - can you explain the lvl system you speak of. I'm not familiar with it.

What was their cert level? Apprentice Cave? Cavern? OW? Dont know?
These were real life people and they wont be coming back, that is really sad. They died doing what they loved. Lets show a little compassion for them and their families.

Thank you, Salmonboy97, but even those close to them should realize this is a public forum and all professional discussion of the events is welcome. I've stated in another post to this thread, I'll be glad to answer questions as I can.

I will leave it up to the authorities to provide their correct certification levels.

Last edited:
How sad. Sorry this tragedy had to happen. It would be interesting to find out what happened and what others can do to possibly prevent a reoccurance of the accident. My condolences to the family and friends of the victims.

Without revealing too much of the details before I should, just know that regular cave diving safety protocols would have prevented this from happening.

Absolutely tragic to lose one diver, but a dive buddy team is beyond comprehension. Condolences to the family and friends of the deceased.

As one of their friends, thank you.

Were they actually cave certified or not?

I will leave it up to the authorities to provide the accurate information regarding their certifications.

Last edited:
Very unfortunate... I dive that area (not that cave) and know many of the people who dive that area.

My prayers will be with the divers family's and friends as well as the recovery divers (one of whom is my cave instructor).

bpd375 - can you explain the lvl system you speak of. I'm not familiar with it.

I'm not sure of it myself actually. It was relayed to me indirectly through my spouse who spoke to someone on scene as well as others closely linked to the recovery.

I had inaccurate information regarding their certifications. I have retracted it from all posts.

Last edited:
They were friends of mine. I won't release their names yet either, as we're still trying to contact everyone and give time for things to settle down. I will however answer any questions I can that you might have. I am very objective when it comes to this as diver safety is something I am passionate about.

Please pray for their families. This is a very sad day for all of us who knew and loved them.

bpd375 thank you for your time, objectivity, and concern for diver safety. I for one appreciate your coming here.

As soon as is possible, once names are released to the public, we will get a thread going for condolences as I am sure many want to express their sympathies for the family and friends of these divers. My heart goes out to you bpd for the loss of your friends.

Back
Top Bottom