Bodies Recovered in School Sink aka Wayne's World, Hudson, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I didn't know that. I agree with him that people need to dive within their limitations. I just wanted to verify that inexperience was the case here. Thats all.

Yes, I talked to one of the recovery divers a while ago. The only reason I posted is because I hope it will serve to scare off people who keep discussing Buford, Eagle's Nest, and other sites where they so obviously don't belong. These two were not full cave and should not have been diving in this system.

Absolutely tragic to lose one diver, but a dive buddy team is beyond comprehension.

The fact that they were found near the entrance leads to some distressing thoughts.

Last edited:
That being the case I agree with you totally. I feel for their families but they had no business being in a cave system like that if they were not qualified.

From Tampa Bay Online...
The divers found the bodies about 6:30 p.m., Doll said. One body was found near the entrance of School Sink, less than 50 feet from the surface. The other diver was found in a side tunnel, Doll said.
Obviously we need to be patient as information will trickle out and it'll be a while before we know what's valid & what isn't.
Rick

What was their cert level? Apprentice Cave? Cavern? OW? Dont know?
These were real life people and they wont be coming back, that is really sad. They died doing what they loved. Lets show a little compassion for them and their families.

Last edited:
They were friends of mine. I won't release their names yet either, as they're still trying to contact everyone and give time for things to settle down. I will however answer any questions I can that you might have. I am very objective when it comes to this as diver safety is something I am passionate about.

Please pray for their families. This is a very sad day for all of us who knew and loved them.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom