Suggestion Boat Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ONESPEED

ONESPEED

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I would like to suggest the Boating Equipment forum be renamed The Boating Forum or something similar as it's current title is rather limiting. I have seen numerous posts regarding boat brands and and types posted throughout the board as there is no real home for these posts currently. Boats are an important part of diving that I believe merit a dedicated forum with subforums for equipment, handling, maintenance, etc.

I used to frequent The Hull Truth, a boating website. When you start discussing boat or motor brands, it can get as ugly as which dive training agency threads or DIR discussions that used to go on here. So I'm all for it.
Which is a better motor...ETEC or Yamaha?

I used to frequent The Hull Truth, a boating website. When you start discussing boat or motor brands, it can get as ugly as which dive training agency threads or DIR discussions that used to go on here. So I'm all for it.
Which is a better motor...ETEC or Yamaha?

Suzuki, but I kid. Yeah, I've spent some time on The Hull Truth as well and it can be pretty entertaining. Let's bring the fun to Scubaboard.:D

I just relocated to Souther California and am planning on buying a boat (looking at trawlers right now) as a live aboard. Any idea how difficult finding information about what to look for when you want to dive off your home too? I'm in for a forum on this.

A boating forum sounds like a good idea. Diving and boats goes together like peanut butter and jelly

I would like to suggest the Boating Equipment forum be renamed The Boating Forum or something similar as it's current title is rather limiting. I have seen numerous posts regarding boat brands and and types posted throughout the board as there is no real home for these posts currently. Boats are an important part of diving that I believe merit a dedicated forum with subforums for equipment, handling, maintenance, etc.

Something along these lines?

The Equipment of Scuba Diving
Boats and Boating
  • Equipment & Accessories
  • Maintenance
  • Handling
  • ????
  • Classifieds

Well, the boat is de dive bus if you want to get offshore.
Its the most expensive piece of dive gear I own. I'm suprised there isnt a boat forum .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom