Suggestion Boat Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ONESPEED

ONESPEED

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I would like to suggest the Boating Equipment forum be renamed The Boating Forum or something similar as it's current title is rather limiting. I have seen numerous posts regarding boat brands and and types posted throughout the board as there is no real home for these posts currently. Boats are an important part of diving that I believe merit a dedicated forum with subforums for equipment, handling, maintenance, etc.

Any idea how the new forum idea is looking? I went looking at boats this weekend. I'd love some input on brokers. Other sites I've been on suggest finding one you like and sticking with them. I'm all for loyalty to anyone willing to work for me. The broker I had an appt with this past weekend was a no show. Her replacement didn't care that I'm interested in twin diesel instead of gas and came up with excuse after excuse not to show me the boat I was most interested in. Sigh....guess I'll go to Long Beach and think about moving the boat to Oxnard/Ventura if I find one. Another question is financing (owner vs. bank). Seems to be a lot bank repo's and owners trying to get out from under. Feel bad for the folks with money trouble, but I figure since there's nothing I can do to help them, maybe spending some of my own bucks will help the overall economic problem. Anyway, hope this takes off and we can post our questions in the right place.

I used to be a yacht broker and I would definitely recommend finding one you like and sticking with him or her, good brokers will look out for your best interests and they do exist, the other side of that coin is it takes a lot of legwork to locate boats that fit an individuals needs and the research and time it takes chauffeuring clients around can add up to a serious investment in time, it's pretty unfair to jump from broker to broker if they are in fact, doing a good job for you.

The Repo market is absolutely flooded right now and there are excellent deals to be had through brokerage or repo's, it's a serious buyers market currently. If interested in repo's you should closely monitor this website, it is updated w/ new repo's regularly for all of their locations. National Liquidators :: Our used boat and yacht auctions Inventory

Any idea how the new forum idea is looking?

It's still being discussed as not all staff members are present on a daily basis. However the input so far looks favorable.

Even after a restructure takes place, it will probably take some time for it to catch on. Hopefully those that are interested in this sub-forum will help promote it to others that might be interested in it so that it can become as successful as some of our other sub-forums are.

It's still being discussed as not all staff members are present on a daily basis. However the input so far looks favorable.

Even after a restructure takes place, it will probably take some time for it to catch on. Hopefully those that are interested in this sub-forum will help promote it to others that might be interested in it so that it can become as successful as some of our other sub-forums are.

It will be highly successful, that I can assure.

Update: The restructure idea has been approved. I'll try to start effecting changes sometime in the next few days.

ONESPEED, thanks for the link to the repo's. My plans just changed in the last couple of days and I have to put an immediate purchase on the back burner. But now I can watch for the right one to come along. It's a pretty interesting site. Some great deals if you're ready to buy.

ONESPEED, thanks for the link to the repo's. My plans just changed in the last couple of days and I have to put an immediate purchase on the back burner. But now I can watch for the right one to come along. It's a pretty interesting site. Some great deals if you're ready to buy.

I hope it helps you, if you see one you want to bid on shoot me a PM, I have some insight as to how they do business.

Is 1 GPM (gallon per mile) about the norm for twin V8's on a cruiser or express cruiser like a 30-33ft Sea Ray or Regal? At cruise speed, I saw a chart on boattest.com I'd like to find a compromise between a trawler (can't dry store) and a cruiser with a dive platform. When you go back to the Pro-lines, Cobia's, Aquasports, etc you're back up to the gas hogs.

To me I'd like to be able to dry store, have a 2-3 axle trailer when needed to avoid slip storage. A boat that is used for cruising and diving with a platform. The best I can see is a cruiser like a Sea Ray? My trawler may have to wait 10 years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom