Suggestion Boat Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ONESPEED

ONESPEED

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I would like to suggest the Boating Equipment forum be renamed The Boating Forum or something similar as it's current title is rather limiting. I have seen numerous posts regarding boat brands and and types posted throughout the board as there is no real home for these posts currently. Boats are an important part of diving that I believe merit a dedicated forum with subforums for equipment, handling, maintenance, etc.

have you seen his signature..... ?

Beer.......its not just a breakfast drink!!​

well........research has shown Beer to be the staff of life and really can be an any time drink!!!:D:D

I like the idea, too, and it's being talked about in the back (thanks to Cave Diver).

I have a long term plan which includes buying a liveaboard 42-48' trawler, so I've been spending some time on boat forums. Most of them mention scuba a bit, but real application to diving is missing big time.

BTW, my origional plan was to buy a houseboat, but Onespeed PM'd me a suggestion to look at trawlers, and now I'm sold on buying one. Can't make the 50 mile run to the islands on a barge...:eyebrow:

And to think you once tried to poison me.:D

Turned out to be mother's milk to you...

:D

You can put a 8-11ft dinghy on the trawlers for the purpose of running to shore while on the hook, or to your favorite dive site.

Any idea how the new forum idea is looking? I went looking at boats this weekend. I'd love some input on brokers. Other sites I've been on suggest finding one you like and sticking with them. I'm all for loyalty to anyone willing to work for me. The broker I had an appt with this past weekend was a no show. Her replacement didn't care that I'm interested in twin diesel instead of gas and came up with excuse after excuse not to show me the boat I was most interested in. Sigh....guess I'll go to Long Beach and think about moving the boat to Oxnard/Ventura if I find one. Another question is financing (owner vs. bank). Seems to be a lot bank repo's and owners trying to get out from under. Feel bad for the folks with money trouble, but I figure since there's nothing I can do to help them, maybe spending some of my own bucks will help the overall economic problem. Anyway, hope this takes off and we can post our questions in the right place.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom