Suggestion Boat Forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
ONESPEED

ONESPEED

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I would like to suggest the Boating Equipment forum be renamed The Boating Forum or something similar as it's current title is rather limiting. I have seen numerous posts regarding boat brands and and types posted throughout the board as there is no real home for these posts currently. Boats are an important part of diving that I believe merit a dedicated forum with subforums for equipment, handling, maintenance, etc.

Perhaps the first thread should be Bayliner vs. Sea Fox.:popcorn:

Bayliner vs Sea Fox vs Triumph

But you can only trash them if you own a Contender and have run in 15 foot seas to the Bahamas.........

This forum is very helpful. We will be, hopefully, at some point moving to Florida and will be in the market for a boat we can dive from. Won't be living on it but spending a lot of time on it for sure. I have been looking in on Scubaboard for info on travel and dive sites and it has not pointed me in a bad direction yet. Hope this one catches on.

In regards to the trawler, I might think about using the trawler to cover distances, but keeping a smaller Zodiac/Avon/Apex/whatever to use for diving. I've always preferred the maneuverability, efficiency and low gunnels that small boats offer for diving, plus it could double as a dinghy/rescue boat.

Perhaps the first thread should be Bayliner vs. Sea Fox.:popcorn:

So does this mean it's a "go". We have a boating forum or what?
My friend got his skiff from Mexico and the hull cracked down the whole starboard side. Almost broke. I told him he should have gone Guatemalan. Pesqueros rule. :D
A Pesquero at Rendezvous Caye, with a Honduran lady.

25820_1325811717049_1583599415_771023_143268_n.jpg

So does this mean it's a "go". We have a boating forum or what?

The idea has been passed along. We'll see what happens.

The idea has been passed along. We'll see what happens.

Let's hope it happens, I see no negatives as is evidenced by the fact this thread has turned into a boat discussion. Sounds like a potentially active forum.

I still like to blast across the water to the dive site. Heres pic of our dive bus. its an 88 Scarab 30 sport. Bought it 11 years ago for 18 K......but that was just the begining of the finacial hemorageing. New power heads ,you name it. actually I am always restoring some thing ,but this is fun. 51mph on ancient seadrive technology. lotta grins
had a decent dive platforms fabricated w/rails so you can hang on till you are in the boat. 4 step ladder. roll control tank brackets for the tanks.

Attachments

• SCARAB_001[1].jpg
    SCARAB_001[1].jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 65
  • So Mi 007.jpg
    So Mi 007.jpg
    377.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Mike_and_Steve%5B2%5D.jpg
    Mike_and_Steve%5B2%5D.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I still like to blast across the water to the dive site. Heres pic of our dive bus. its an 88 Scarab 30 sport. Bought it 11 years ago for 18 K......but that was just the begining of the finacial hemorageing. New power heads ,you name it. actually I am always restoring some thing ,but this is fun. 51mph on ancient seadrive technology. lotta grins
had a decent dive platforms fabricated w/rails so you can hang on till you are in the boat. 4 step ladder. roll control tank brackets for the tanks.

Nice boat and I see you like Miller lite:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom