Blue Springs Quarry Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yep, it is honor system during the weekand winter. And like most have said $20 is too much so I guess I wouldn't be too honest. But would drop the old fee of $10 in the envelope.
If anyone is interested I have an email that says that if you tell them that you can't afford the $20 then they will write it off. Since they raised the price I haven't been.

Cell phones work once you get around the air fill/ check in station. I have used mine several times ( cingular) as I was driving out the gate.

I had a chance to talk with David (I think his name is David). I was told that their business has been slow this season. I didn't wonder why because I have alread known two LDS decided to go somewhere else. If LDS ultimately find the cheaper alternatives (private quarry and lake), it is more difficult to bring them back to BS even though they lowered the price.

Rick (Owner) and David are all nice guys, but only fee doesn't fit to my eye level :wink:

Hoosier... How did you get ahold of David? I've been trying the cell number that Rick gave me and I've had no luck. I'll be there with Trucker Girl on Wednesday, and I have some questions for him (neither of us have dove there before).

erparamedic:
Hoosier... How did you get ahold of David? I've been trying the cell number that Rick gave me and I've had no luck. I'll be there with Trucker Girl on Wednesday, and I have some questions for him (neither of us have dove there before).

Mostly by phone. I don't havce any alternative magic.....:wink:

Just out of curiosity, what are you inquiring?

erparamedic:

You won't talk to anyone there unless it is by luck. I have never seen anyone there during the week.
If you find a red ten speed bike, fish it out and I will pick it up.

Hoosier...

I finally got ahold of David, and got my questions answered. I was inquiring about the level of the thermocline... which is at 20 feet, and the temp beneath it, which he said was 70 degrees. The bottom is 57 degrees, but don't plan on going that deep.

Crpntr133...

Please... tell the story about the bike. How did you lose it there? Where bouts did you lose it... and why weren't you able to retrieve it yourself? Just curious. I'm not going to run into any quarry monster guarding it am I?

Oh~~~ Thermocline.... It is the same all year around in the local quarry....

Hahaha that bike from Wally.......:)

Hoosier... where did you hear it stays the same, or are you being sarcastic? My mom and dad have dove BS many times, and they recall times that the thermocline was at 9 feet... other times down to 20 feet. The seasons make the difference.

Bike from Wally??? I don't know this story... can you fill me in?

erparamedic:
Hoosier... where did you hear it stays the same, or are you being sarcastic? My mom and dad have dove BS many times, and they recall times that the thermocline was at 9 feet... other times down to 20 feet. The seasons make the difference.

Bike from Wally??? I don't know this story... can you fill me in?

No story...... Based on my numerous logs over there.... Major thermocline is pretty much constant like the bottom temperatures (42 ~ 47 degree) in BS. Are you talking about the first thermocline from the surface depending on the season? We don't care about that much because the temp. is still warm enough....

hoosier, erparamedic is going to be wearing a 1 mil wetsuit over her skin. She's asking (over and over again, sheesh, erparamedic, give it up already... just making sure you're paying attention :)) because if she needs to she'll rent a thicker wetsuit. If the thermocline happens to be a little high and she is in the thin wetsuit, she won't be able to play Uno comfortably on top of the armored car. Or if the water temp is chillier than she expects. So, that's the deal there.

Me, I'll be in my 7 mil with a bottom beanie (neoprene skull cap), gloves and a general toasty warm feeling.

Back
Top Bottom