Blue Springs Quarry Indiana

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl:
Where is Haigh?

Haigh is up in Kankakee, IL. It's supposed to be quite nice, but I've never been there. From what I hear their viz is pretty good... 15-30 feet. They have a sunken LARK (sp?, military amphibious vehicle), military dump truck, boats, cars, rock crusher, and drill... but this is all hear-say, not first hand info. I did, however, speak to Tina. She runs Haigh, and she said they have an infestation of Zebra Mussles right now. She encouraged crushing a few and feeding them to the fishies! She said the fish would love us for it. LOL

erparamedic:
Haigh is up in Kankakee, IL. It's supposed to be quite nice, but I've never been there. From what I hear their viz is pretty good... 15-30 feet. They have a sunken LARK (sp?, military amphibious vehicle), military dump truck, boats, cars, rock crusher, and drill... but this is all hear-say, not first hand info. I did, however, speak to Tina. She runs Haigh, and she said they have an infestation of Zebra Mussles right now. She encouraged crushing a few and feeding them to the fishies! She said the fish would love us for it. LOL

Right you are! Haigh is very nice. It was an awesome park-like setting, a beach entry as well as 2 very nice entry platforms. They have lots of very clean portapots and pleanty of parking. They have a shallow side with an old rock crusher and ALOT of aquatic life (blugill, bass, catfish, rock bass, crappie) that is very tame and easy to approach. They have a deep side with less fish, except for right underneath the platform. They FLOCK to you at the end of a dive, especially if you stay in the water. They are used to being fed right there. You can buy fish food and feed them yourself if you're brave. The deep side as a LARK, cabin cruiser and a truck. I've been there twice and have logged 9 dives so far. It is my favorite midwest quarry so far along with Gilboa.

Divin'Hoosier:
Their website says they are open 24x7, but I'd call to verify before heading out there during the week. It isn't a fancy operation, especially when you consider that they now charge $20. Haigh charges $20 and Gilboa $12 and both of those are far nicer. However, it's close and it is a nice quarry to dive in. They do have an airfill operation. $5 a fill, which is pretty good.

http://www.bluespringsscubadiving.net/welcome.lhtm

Is this link working for anyone?
I just get a page of code.

Worked for me.

Works fine for me too.

Try openning it in Internet Explorer.

I get the page of code thing if I try using it with Firefox.

Not a problem. I've scratched my head in confusion plenty of times over stuff like that. Besides, gotta keep you happy so ya share those UNO tips - not to mention it makes you less like to threaten to drive over me with a truck!

Back
Top Bottom