Blue Hole Sept 20,21,23 and 24

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlieo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We (Family)are going to BH next weekend if anyone is interested in joining in. Arrive Thursday leave Sunday. Staying at the Santa Rosa Lake Campground.

Sorry, can't make it two weeks in a row. Just got back. The weather was beautiful, just had to watch out for the tarantula at the Blue Hole. I wouldn't leave any bags open on the ground while diving, you might have a suprise when you get back!

And the New Mexico State Troopers had a DUI checkpoint on 84 South on Friday night when I came though about 7:30. Checked my license, insurance and registration.

We (Family)are going to BH next weekend if anyone is interested in joining in. Arrive Thursday leave Sunday. Staying at the Santa Rosa Lake Campground.

Hey Frank,

I was there this weekend! :D

If no one is at Perch, do it. I think the vis would have been 15' or better had there not been a dozen or more students kicking things up.

Santa Rosa Lake State Campground is a very nice facility. I think you will like it. If you are taking a trailer, and want hookups, then I'd make a reservation. Most sites in the A loop (hookups, pull through) are on an advanced reservation basis. You would likely not have a problem on Weeknights, but on the Weekend (Fri/Sat) it's reservations, or one night only for most spots.

The A loop was full when I there last month, but there are generally plenty of tent spots available without reservations, but no hookups. Those is in the B loop, and they are nice. Shelters over the picnic tables, reasonably spaced, and everything is rock solid as the shelter sides, slab, and tables are cement, and the campground is rather level with good spots for tents.

Have a great time, and watch out for Land Sharks! :D

Thanks for the info Ron. I got reservations last week for the campground. They have a website and it is just so easy to get reservation over the net.

Sorry, I wish I could go. I still have two more weekends tied up moving family.

Sorry, I wish I could go. I still have two more weekends tied up moving family.

How many families do you have! :rofl3::rofl3:

Something you want to share with us Big Guy! :popcorn:

This was a Great trip. The Blue Hole was not crowded at all. Friday only our group was there. A-1 had a tech class and Lyn and I were the only other divers. Two morning dives at BH and an afternoon dive at Rock Lake. Sat. there were two other groups in BH but really not a crowd. Sunday was a repeat of Sat.
The campground at Santa Rosa Lake really worked out for us.

This was a Great trip. The Blue Hole was not crowded at all. Friday only our group was there. A-1 had a tech class and Lyn and I were the only other divers. Two morning dives at BH and an afternoon dive at Rock Lake. Sat. there were two other groups in BH but really not a crowd. Sunday was a repeat of Sat.
The campground at Santa Rosa Lake really worked out for us.

How were you able to dive Rock Lake? I was under the impression that one had to be with an insured instructor, and jump through hoops, followed by dancing a jig to get permission.

Ron,
I was with an instructor, but I wasn't taking a class. I sort of hung out around the edge of his class and did my own thing. He's been my tech instructor in the past so he lets me come along.

Back
Top Bottom