Blue Hole - Santa Rosa NM - News

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In other news apparently @boulderjohn and the cave divers are busy in the bottom of Blue Hole in Santa Rosa NM, stirring up the muck to ~10' visibility. In spite of the murky water my brother in law passed his open water course SSI and is now certified. His son got separated from the group during the final group fun dive and when he couldn't find this buddy he surfaced. He got certified as a SSI Scuba Diver because of this failure hopefully they can get this upgraded later. Hope to get them out diving soon.

Warren - So your nephew gets separated follows the lost buddy procedure and surfaces and he gets a lower rated dive cert? Where was the instructor?

John - I hope that the roads opens up soon. I saw a picture of my Westminster house and holy cow, I am glad I am not there to shovel the driveway :)

Let us know how the caves are.

Michael

Instructor was out of Albuquerque Im not sure it is my place to smear them. I have been hearing all sorts of bad things about the whole class/experience but I wasnt there to personally witness this. I assume the instructor was somewhere in the murk in front of the class something sounds hinky.

It is my understanding that the shop may do his OW dives again at a later date. I havent heard what the fees or costs would be for that. His parents are looking at another shop/agency in ABQ to get him finished up. I blame John.

Last edited:
I missed the part where John is already diving the caves...

I did my dry suit course with John in 2-3 feet viz. I think he likes low viz dive sites :)

At least I am hoping John made it down to Santa Rosa. He was talking about getting on the road on Thursday and should have gotten there at least on Friday unless Colorado decided to put all the snow plows away for the summer already.

I'm surprised the Hole was open to other divers with the cave boys down.

That's what he said Wednesday...
Travel today is pretty hopeless. I will be leaving tomorrow.
Colorado Springs & Raton both showed another snow storm on Friday, buy I bet he got thru before that. He could have headed east out of Denver, down thru Boise City OK to avoid Raton pass, back down thru Texas - but that'd add over 100 miles to the drive.

I'm headed to bluehole and plan to get a couple of Dives in on the 1st anyone gonna be up there?

I'm going to play with my sidemount gear can't wait.

Reactions: Jax
I'm headed to bluehole and plan to get a couple of Dives in on the 1st anyone gonna be up there?

I'm going to play with my sidemount gear can't wait.
I'm planning on it. Though I'm mostly planning on doing ascent drills, as it was just reinforced to me how much I need to work on those.

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom