Blue Hole May 12~13th

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeltaWardog:
My beautiful blushing bride and I will be two of the A1 OW students this coming weekend... see you all there!

Somebody asked who from A1 was going; I know our instructor is going to be Louise.

Hey Delta - I'm in Castle Rock also... Hello! :wink:

It was nice meeting you Dan and Ron. And congrats to Beach Bunny for getting her OW Cert. I know I had fun getting my AOW.

The more I dive Blue Hole, the more I enjoy it. Despite the HUGE group from A1 down at the Hole, we had wonderful dive conditions. We did two dives on Friday (one night), two on Saturday, and a very nice dive on Sunday.

Vis at the bottom was very good, maybe 40~50feet, even with everyone in the water. Most were OW students, so things were more stirred up at the top, but quite nice below.

I know Dan enjoyed the trip, and was feeling very good about his drysuit buoyancy. I noticed he seemed a bit more relaxed and still than usual, and I think he hit a milestone in control as he was having a wonderful time underwater.

We met a lot of great folks, and also had the pleasure of meeting and watching Robin who was using a rebreather. It was SOOO cool seeing him underwater with his bubble less technology. Very stealth!

The only down side was seeing the mess the softball players left behind at the picnic tables. Beer cans, trash, and crap all over the place after they departed. They also played loud rap the entire time they were there. I HATE rap, and the folks from Flat Irons who were at the next table over were none too thrilled as well!

Glad to see some many new OW divers this time out! Our sport is growing! :D

RonFrank:
The more I dive Blue Hole, the more I enjoy it. Despite the HUGE group from A1 down at the Hole, we had wonderful dive conditions. We did two dives on Friday (one night), two on Saturday, and a very nice dive on Sunday.

Glad you had fun!! Wished we could have joined you!! Let's plan on next month for sure!!

ABQdiver:
Glad you had fun!! Wished we could have joined you!! Let's plan on next month for sure!!

I'll do my best to get down on the third Sunday. Kent says he's up for it, but things can change. Unfortunately with gas prices I just can't go alone as it would cost me as much as a plane ticket to FL!

BTW, we dove Perch on Saturday morning, and it was a nice dive with maybe 30~40 vis. Dan got to see the plane.... woooohooo. It's not the type of dive where you want to spend hours UW, but when vis is good, I'm happy. Unfortunately a rescue class took care of that hitting the bottom like a bunch of newbs, so we ended our dive at that point. Ironically I saw more fish in December than we did on Saturday. Not sure why that is.

Surface temps were in the low 70's, a thermocline at 25 feet, and another at 35 feet. My computer registered 57F, but I have a feeling it was much colder below 35 feet and I just did not stay there long enough for it to register. I sure did not feel like no steenkin 57F!

It was great to meet everyone at the Blue Hole this past weekend. Ron and Dan it was great talking to you at dinner. Crissy, thanks for the brownies and cookies! Louise, Tammy, Stu, Dave, Fawn - thanks for putting up with our boneheaded maneuvers underwater. Despite our best efforts, you managed to keep us from breathing water. Steve, thanks for all the tips for our Cozumel trip, hope to see you down there in a couple weeks!

Thanks everyone for a great weekend and thanks to A1 for a great learning experience.

Really looking forward to some warmer water for our next dives, though. :wink:

Matt (& Lila)

DeltaWardog:
It was great to meet everyone at the Blue Hole this past weekend. Ron and Dan it was great talking to you at dinner. Crissy, thanks for the brownies and cookies! Louise, Tammy, Stu, Dave, Fawn - thanks for putting up with our boneheaded maneuvers underwater. Despite our best efforts, you managed to keep us from breathing water. Steve, thanks for all the tips for our Cozumel trip, hope to see you down there in a couple weeks!

Thanks everyone for a great weekend and thanks to A1 for a great learning experience.

Really looking forward to some warmer water for our next dives, though. :wink:

Matt (& Lila)

Anytime, you know how much I love baking!!! I loved your wife she was a doll! Have fun next week!!

Hey Matt-
Another random coincidence. Cool!
My daughter's (and Grandmother's) name is Lila!

Cool!

RonFrank:
I'll do my best to get down on the third Sunday. Kent says he's up for it, but things can change. Unfortunately with gas prices I just can't go alone as it would cost me as much as a plane ticket to FL!......

I am in the springs. If you could make it this far me and my daughter would be happy to car pool with you. I plan on going a few times now that I am an official OW diver woohooo!! :D It was pretty cool to see the way everyone got along and was respectful of one another. The SCUBA community seems to be a good one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom