Blue Hole in April?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waterskier1

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all,

Are there any plans to go to Blue Hole this month? After reading about Stella being without power last weekend, we'd want to check that she'd have air or full tanks before we went.

We're planning on going out on Sunday, April 20th. Be great to have a group there! Always more fun

Bummer about the no fills last weekend. The coordination and communication has always been Santa Rosa's weak suit.........

I'd like to get down in April, or maybe early May. Unfortunately I have a release scheduled on the third weekend in April, but I may try and schedule another weekend.

Well, it looks like the Beach Bunny and I are looking at doing the aquarium swim with the fishes the first weekend of May and then I am headed to Bonaire May 10-17. That last weekend is also the big A1 tent sale..

Ron,
Let me know what works for you. I'm about ready to get some diving in for fun. BTW, I have a compressor and 7 tanks, so we can still be in business if Stella isn't. Just need to find a 220 outlet that someone will let us use. Maybe we can get in tight with the maids at the hotel and have them unplug the dryer for an hour or so.

Ron,
Let me know what works for you. I'm about ready to get some diving in for fun. BTW, I have a compressor and 7 tanks, so we can still be in business if Stella isn't. Just need to find a 220 outlet that someone will let us use. Maybe we can get in tight with the maids at the hotel and have them unplug the dryer for an hour or so.

No current bushes near the Blue Hole? :rofl3:

That would be quite a compressor if you can fill 7 tanks in an hour! :11:

I doubt that 220, single phase (a dryer connection) would drive that big of a compressor. But, you don't really have to fill them in an hour either.

Let's hope that Stella will be back in business with her compressor soon. Hopefully, the city planned this out, and the power has been restored (or switched) to her hot dog stand by now. Were they going to physically move the compressor too? Or just the insides of the shop?

I've found the Blue Hole to be one of the most overrated dives spots in the world. Belize in general is marginal diving at best. Not much in the way of fish, just sponges. Dive Master's on Peter Hugh's boat wouldn't even get into the water. I figured out after 1st dive, nothing to see. Boat stayed there for a second dive, then moved, same story, no dive-masters, just boring dive spot if there is such a thing. Want some real fun and less hassle, check Stewart Coves's in the Bahamas. J.C.

I've found the Blue Hole to be one of the most overrated dives spots in the world. Belize in general is marginal diving at best. Not much in the way of fish, just sponges. Dive Master's on Peter Hugh's boat wouldn't even get into the water. I figured out after 1st dive, nothing to see. Boat stayed there for a second dive, then moved, same story, no dive-masters, just boring dive spot if there is such a thing. Want some real fun and less hassle, check Stewart Coves's in the Bahamas. J.C.

That is a different Blue Hole. :no

The one we are talking about is in New Mexico, and is spring feed at a constant ~63 degrees, so we can dive there when the rest of our lakes are frozen :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom