Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that this might sound like sacrilege to some, but it is possible to enjoy a dive without a camera...... :gas:
I tucked my camera away multiple times today to see if I could just enjoy the dive without the camera.. I admit, I did pull it out multiple times to take photos. Guess the only way to enjoy a dive sans camera is to leave it back on shore.

I know a lot of folks that dive the bridge favor macro photography. I would say to carry something along to grab a medium field subject should the opportunity arise. You would hate to miss shooting one of these guys should one swim by and doing it justice with a macro rig just won't happen. This hammerhead shark was estimated at around 12 ft. and was chasing a ray perhaps within a half mile south of the bridge today west of Peanut Island. Video --- https://www.facebook.com/reelintensefishingcharter/videos/920781494626615
That's not nice.

---------- Post added August 14th, 2015 at 01:23 PM ----------

I *knew* those statues were a bad idea. . .

I tucked my camera away multiple times today to see if I could just enjoy the dive without the camera.. I admit, I did pull it out multiple times to take photos. Guess the only way to enjoy a dive sans camera is to leave it back on shore.

Guess you forgot the dreaded "when the batteries die" 130-40 minutes in.
Then and seemingly only then will that never seen before critter: spawn, feed or break dance.
When my rig dies I have the cold sweats about what freak of nature will flaunt without my ability to record.
Did someone say pancake batfish...Ouch!!!!
Boohooo:cool2::cool2::cool2:
j

^^^ yeah.. I know that story all to well. Batteries on my camera are good for about 2 hrs., so I am always turning off the camera to conserve them and always freaking out hoping that pod of dolphins don't swim by..
Did get lucky though end of June off Hollywood Beach. Looked up to see this!
999 j manta ray.jpg
/end bragging..

So, I signed up for a photography course with Mark over at Force-E. It's a PADI cert course and I will get my money's worth (humor) out of sporting it in the future just at the right time...

Diver: "Hey, those are some nice pictures. I wish I could take a picture like that"
Me: "Well, you just need to get your PADI Photography Certification. Let me show you my card. Get the cert and you will take great pictures too!"
:jester:

BHB Fish Species List

I've seen several lists of fish species found at BHB - some not inclusive enough (~200) and some way too inclusive (>600). Attached (hopefully) is a list based on REEF survey data - 380 species as identified by both novice and expert REEF surveyors. For what its worth...

View attachment BHB Fish Species List - REEF Data.xlsx

I'll be down at the bridge 8/22-8/30 trying to add to my BHB list count.

380 species is impressive! And that doesn't include all the non fish critters.. anemones, nudis, worms, tunicates, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom