Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A photo from yesterday...
WHY??? Why must you torture us? Us, who cannot find your Dwarf Frogfish, ever after two hours of trying. I think you take these pictures from the web... Or that dwarf Frogfish are a myth, like Bigfoot, or the Loch Ness monster. :D

Although, in the 74 degree water, and 5-10 foot viz, on the West Side of the bridge, we did find Mantis Shrimp, Batfish, juvenile Sea Robins, Yellow Stingrays, Bumblebee Shrimp, several Octopus, and jimw earned a Free Lunch at the super secret Troll Bar for his finding a Seahorse.

Mmmmm... That was a good meal, MrChen.

Too bad you missed it, and the dive....

Have to sleep now, more Diving with Trolls tomorrow.Thanks to jimw and DiveDivaDM and their friend for a great dive. Look forward to diving with you in Bonaire

Jenny does have a point, and being a video guy I have melted my share of tiny light sensitive creatures but as a marine biologist once told me, these creatures live in the harshest environment imaginable and being unhappy with a bright light is pretty small on the darwin scale.
That said, I try to be considerate with my subjects and do as little melting as possible.
It is (to me) like buoyancy, you do your best but sometimes you have to put down a fin or knee and try to be as careful as possible.
I feel compared to the knee walking, rock flipping divers (and guides) I have seen in the past that I may fall somewhere in the middle and aspire to do better:D
Caring about your model and fellow divers makes a difference.
John

---------- Post added April 18th, 2014 at 10:10 PM ----------

Sorry about the dwarf frogfish, I had my fingers crossed for you guys.
Must be like a certain blenny that eludes me:D:D:D
John

Last edited:
WHY??? Why must you torture us? Us, who cannot find your Dwarf Frogfish, ever after two hours of trying. I think you take these pictures from the web... Or that dwarf Frogfish are a myth, like Bigfoot, or the Loch Ness monster. :D

Although, in the 74 degree water, and 5-10 foot viz, on the West Side of the bridge, we did find Mantis Shrimp, Batfish, juvenile Sea Robins, Yellow Stingrays, Bumblebee Shrimp, several Octopus, and jimw earned a Free Lunch at the super secret Troll Bar for his finding a Seahorse.

Mmmmm... That was a good meal, MrChen.

Too bad you missed it, and the dive....

Have to sleep now, more Diving with Trolls tomorrow.Thanks to jimw and DiveDivaDM and their friend for a great dive. Look forward to diving with you in Bonaire

We enjoyed meeting and diving with you, TC. And, I enjoyed the burger at the secret Troll bar, aka; Brass Ring! Post some of those great pictures when time allows! See you on the plane to Bonaire!!

2 hours? You're complaining about not finding a froggie after only one two hour dive? Have you any idea how many dives I did in the 2 hour range before I saw one? I almost gave up on them, thinking the same thing, they are some mythical creature or somebody's idea of a joke, hearing these rumors of dives where people saw 5-6 on a dive.. and I was in the same area.. Oh, I feel your pain.. but sorry. You're dues aint paid yet. :D :D

John, which benny eludes you?

WHY??? Why must you torture us? Us, who cannot find your Dwarf Frogfish, ever after two hours of trying. I think you take these pictures from the web... Or that dwarf Frogfish are a myth, like Bigfoot, or the Loch Ness monster. :D Have to sleep now, more Diving with Trolls tomorrow.

Tim accused me of molding them out of silly putty and then staging them around the algae. :wink: Truth is Jenny is right, T.C. I have been diving BHB pretty much once a week for the last five years and saw my first dwarf ff exactly one week ago today.

Here are a few from yesterday - which just goes to show you 10ft viz does not necessarily mean a bad dive ... (yes I also did see a seahorse) The octo in the bottle is creating a bit of interest. Rat-man was with me when we saw it. I'm sure his pics are better.

DSC05433.jpg DSC05473.jpg DSC05469.jpg DSC05436.jpg

John, which benny eludes you?[/QUOTE]

The little yellow hairy blenny that Tim brings with him, near as I can tell.
We have combed the area but it is not meant to be yet.
We were lucky enough to see 3 Dwarf frogfish (Sorry Tim) on Sat night and again Sunday.
I am working on some video, that may see the light of day soon.....
John

Last edited:

The little yellow hairy blenny that Tim brings with him, near as I can tell.
We have combed the area but it is not meant to be yet.
We were lucky enough to see 3 Dwarf frogfish (Sorry Tim) on Sat night and again Sunday.
I am working on some video, that may see the light of day soon.....
John

Roughhead blenny

Had a great dive with T.C. today! 77°F, 20' vis. No Dwarf FF (forgot the silly putty) but did find some nice critters....pics coming shortly.

---------- Post added April 19th, 2014 at 05:39 PM ----------

Can't upload pics to SB at the moment....so still coming soon...

2 hours? You're complaining about not finding a froggie after only one two hour dive? Have you any idea how many dives I did in the 2 hour range before I saw one? I almost gave up on them, thinking the same thing, they are some mythical creature or somebody's idea of a joke, hearing these rumors of dives where people saw 5-6 on a dive.. and I was in the same area.. Oh, I feel your pain.. but sorry. You're dues aint paid yet. :D :D

Well, apparently you're wrong. :D Two hours is enough dues to find a Frogfish at the bridge. :D:D

I found a Sargassaum Frogfish right at the end of our dive. Unfortunately, my camera battery died; but djtimmy's was able to get the shot.

I'm still gathering the data, but here's the low-down:
2 hours, 17 minutes.
78 degrees; noticably warmer than yesterday.
Max depth 12 feet, again.
Viz was about 20 feet; double yesterday.
We dove the west side of the bridge again.
And saw: Octopus, Blennies, Crabs, BB shrimp, two different Nudibranchs- and a Reticulated Sea Slug, Anemones, Flounder, an Octopus Fight, That weird shrimp that djtimmy posted, Bluethroated PikeBlenny, Stingray, A Sea Spider, and the aforementioned Frogfish. :D

MrChen, how was work? (BTW, that's evil :D)

Big difference between today and yesterday. Got to video a octopus on the run with another diver. And I only blinded a few blennies for a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom