Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather be diving than be at work, but the bills have to be paid (including my taxes). I have found that if you get there early enough (2 hrs is plenty), you will find divers congregating around the picnic tables to chat. Usually there are some looking for buddies. Sometimes there's a troll in the group, sometimes not. But I've witnessed divers agreeing to dive together while chatting. I've also ran into a few SB'ers from out of town visiting the bridge, so don't be shy to mention you are on SB, I think this increases your chances of finding a buddy if you find another SB'er.

Good luck bud, and I look forward to seeing you that evening for that night dive on Sl8r. Good luck finding a buddy, hopefully you can get one. BTW: Have you asked Aric?

BTW: I wear a 3/2 and have been wearing my lavacore top during the winter. I'd be fine in 77, but as the temp dropped to 70, I got used to wearing it. I don't know at what temp I'll wish I wasn't wearing it. I've been far more comfortable with it on in the lower 70's. Even in the lower 70's without my lavacore top, it would take over an hour until I started to feel cold, and I would really be feeling it after 1.5 hrs. With my lavacore, I'm good to go for 2 hrs easy. I'm also not in military shape anymore, so I have some natural insulation and YMMV :).

Now my scuba mom, she suits up like it's an ice dive and exits after 45 minutes but I miss her anyways :).

Hahahahaha very funny scuba son. Your scuba mom has been doing 2+ hrs as of late. You know old people get cold! Hope to see you on a dive soon!

---------- Post added April 17th, 2014 at 04:17 PM ----------

Well, I'll be down there Friday about 2 hours before high tide. If anyone sees the dark gray Chevy Trailblazer with Army stickers (including my avatar) and South Dakota plates, or the short guy with a military haircut looking for a buddy, that's me. I'll welcome anyone who can show me something awesome.

If you want to dive with Mr. Chen's scuba mom & dad we will be there. Usually park about the middle. Will be driving a red Mazda Tribute SUV. You are welcome to join us. Oh, and we always go to lunch afterward. You are welcome to join us for that too. May even go to the super secret troll dive bar where we will text Mr. Chen and tell him how great the dive was and how many critters he missed and how it is really tooooooo bad he is WORKING.

Hahahahaha very funny scuba son. Your scuba mom has been doing 2+ hrs as of late. You know old people get cold! Hope to see you on a dive soon!

I miss you guys! Winters suck :)

Well, I'll be down there Friday about 2 hours before high tide. If anyone sees the dark gray Chevy Trailblazer with Army stickers (including my avatar) and South Dakota plates, or the short guy with a military haircut looking for a buddy, that's me. I'll welcome anyone who can show me something awesome.

If you want to dive with Mr. Chen's scuba mom & dad we will be there. Usually park about the middle. Will be driving a red Mazda Tribute SUV. You are welcome to join us. Oh, and we always go to lunch afterward. You are welcome to join us for that too. May even go to the super secret troll dive bar where we will text Mr. Chen and tell him how great the dive was and how many critters he missed and how it is really tooooooo bad he is WORKING.

Make sure he's on time for our night dive!

A photo from yesterday.. and a reminder to the photographers who shoot and shoot and shooot....
this little guy when I found him, was a bit peeved to be found. Would not sit still, and as soon as I got my camera even reasonably close, it took off, a clear indication that it's had more than it's far share of strobes going off. Please be respectful of the wildlife and the impact you have on them. I've been 30-40 feet away from a photographer (not pointing anybody out here, simply making a general comment) and seen out of the my peripheral the strobes going off again and again. Imagine what the critter feels like.. then add in how many times it might be photographed, maybe 100 times?

1975200_10152046191303531_5281901879510035984_n.jpg

I've been 30-40 feet away from a photographer (not pointing anybody out here, simply making a general comment) and seen out of the my peripheral the strobes going off again and again. Imagine what the critter feels like.. then add in how many times it might be photographed, maybe 100 times?

That's why I use video lights instead :D!

Just kidding Jenny... point well taken.

No doubt.. and I have to admit, I would never have found it without my muck stick... :shakehead: in shame...

A photo from yesterday.. and a reminder to the photographers who shoot and shoot and shooot....
this little guy when I found him, was a bit peeved to be found. Would not sit still, and as soon as I got my camera even reasonably close, it took off, a clear indication that it's had more than it's far share of strobes going off. Please be respectful of the wildlife and the impact you have on them. I've been 30-40 feet away from a photographer (not pointing anybody out here, simply making a general comment) and seen out of the my peripheral the strobes going off again and again. Imagine what the critter feels like.. then add in how many times it might be photographed, maybe 100 times?

1975200_10152046191303531_5281901879510035984_n.jpg

My daughter will sometimes not show me something, or shove me away from something, that she thinks has been stressed by too many flashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom