Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather be diving than be at work, but the bills have to be paid (including my taxes). I have found that if you get there early enough (2 hrs is plenty), you will find divers congregating around the picnic tables to chat. Usually there are some looking for buddies. Sometimes there's a troll in the group, sometimes not. But I've witnessed divers agreeing to dive together while chatting. I've also ran into a few SB'ers from out of town visiting the bridge, so don't be shy to mention you are on SB, I think this increases your chances of finding a buddy if you find another SB'er.

Sounds great. The Army gave me the day off; who am I to complain? :D

Looks like it's supposed to rain that day; that doesn't deter Bridge Trolls, does it? Rain won't stop me...

BTW: I wear a 3/2 and have been wearing my lavacore top during the winter. I'd be fine in 77, but as the temp dropped to 70, I got used to wearing it. I don't know at what temp I'll wish I wasn't wearing it. I've been far more comfortable with it on in the lower 70's.
After talking to djtimmy, and thinking about it; I'm going to stick with the 5mm. 2+ hour dives can leave you chilled, and I don't want to aggravate that with a thin suit.

I've heard great things about the lava-core series. I'll have to look more into it.

Is that what that bright light was......

LOL.. I was doing a late afternoon dive last summer with my buddy, a photog.. he kept snapping away, and I was thinking, what the heck was he shooting? So I look over at him and he's not even in shooting position.. Awwwhh.. lightning.. We were on the west side, right next to the wall where it's so shallow.. we went a bit deeper.. LOL

As long as there is no lightning.

Exactly what I was going to say. One day I had to end my dive early for some reason. Scuba mom joined me and scuba dad stayed in. Just as we finish breaking down our gear, the wind picks up and it starts down pouring minutes later. We quickly get in our respective vehicles. A few minutes later, KAAABOOOOOMMMMM... The lightning hit one of the light posts on the bridge. Jimw wisely chose to just wait it out under water.

I have been lucky enought to dive in a lightning storm once in my life. It was amazing and I hope to do it again and share it with Maribi. I am going to try at BHB this summer (or maybe LBTS) if I can watch the weather radar and time it right . . .

The VERY best would be on a night dive.

My daughter and I were at LBTS last summer in a thunderstorm, we went in under a sunny sky, about an hour later it got dark, and like someone else mentioned, I thought her strobes were going off more frequently...

It was interesting, but the getting out of the water during the lightning was somewhat nerve wracking.

Mr Chen I think I was there for that BOOM!

I won't do BHB if there is a thunderstorm in the area. We have called several dives (generally summertime after work) due to this. I can dive another day. That being said there have been the occasional dive where the storm popped up during the dive.

I have been lucky enought to dive in a lightning storm once in my life. It was amazing and I hope to do it again and share it with Maribi. I am going to try at BHB this summer (or maybe LBTS) if I can watch the weather radar and time it right . . .

Depends on who's holding the flag.........
:D

In the belly of the Batfish.....here is a re-print that I thought many of the Trolls could find interesting--as we see plenty of Batfish at the BHB
In the Belly of the Batfish.pdf-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom